AMG Interfreight

AMG Interfreight. Does anybody remember this company or am I imagining it. Photos would be even better!

AMG are still going, based at Nort Weald Airfield, alongside the M11

i know richard collier very well. still plodding away. swiss and italy most of the time.

If you are imagining then so am i, i can remember them well and one of the drivers Les ended up running a pub on the A1. Barry Watts pulled for them for a time as i seem to recall.

As Dazzler said - AMG are still trading from North Weald Airfield.

Are they a big company with subbies, is it possible that ACH would have pulled their trailers? I’m talking years since.

Hullo All,
What about Eric Benford ( I think that was hs name ) drove a grey and blue White Road Commander2, at least it was until he followed me from Patras to Piraeus, and I had on my trailer paint from International Marine Paint, some were leakers. When we got to Corinth and stopped for a coffee, he said bloody hell you motor stinks of paint. I said yours looks fantastic, almost like a metalic polka dot finish, a pity about the Windscreen though. Christ it was in a state. The last time I saw him was a lot of years ago, he was tipping at Slaters Transport near to my home, had enquired about me, rang my Wife, she rang me and me and him got ratarsed. He had left his Posh abode in Enfield and was living with some bird in a caravan somewhere down in Kent. Wonder whatever happened to him.
Cheers, Archie.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Are they a big company with subbies, is it possible that ACH would have pulled their trailers? I’m talking years since.

Aston Clinton Haulage never pulled AMG trailers – in fact I cannot recall ACH pulling trailers for any company other than their own, although they did sub work out [company in Kent – name escapes me – pulled for ACH to Greece] !!

Archie Paice:
Hullo All,
What about Eric Benford ( I think that was hs name ) drove a grey and blue White Road Commander2, at least it was until he followed me from Patras to Piraeus, and I had on my trailer paint from International Marine Paint, some were leakers. When we got to Corinth and stopped for a coffee, he said bloody hell you motor stinks of paint. I said yours looks fantastic, almost like a metalic polka dot finish, a pity about the Windscreen though. Christ it was in a state. The last time I saw him was a lot of years ago, he was tipping at Slaters Transport near to my home, had enquired about me, rang my Wife, she rang me and me and him got ratarsed. He had left his Posh abode in Enfield and was living with some bird in a caravan somewhere down in Kent. Wonder whatever happened to him.
Cheers, Archie.

Eric I’ve not seen for many a year – I was on for H.G.Brown driving a Mack when Eric got his White…
“Living with some bird in Kent” doesn’t do him justice as she is a “love interest” from his long ago past !!
Anyone who knew Eric in the “old days” recall his mates name [another O/D] who was killed at Chambrey when his truck overturned ■■ Although he was a truck driver I believe he came from a very well to do family – son of a judge or similar !!

Hullo Big Leggy,
Yes you are quite correct he was a really nice bloke. He did’nt swear a lot was nicely spoken, well educated and was very good in company, I never knew his father was a Judge, but I do know that he came from a good family background. I do remember his friend who had the accident and was killer, I can’t for the life of me think of his name at the moment, was it Roger ? it will come to me later, I have these moments with memory now. It would be good to know what he’s doing now.
Cheers, Archie.

Archie Paice:
Hullo Big Leggy,
Yes you are quite correct he was a really nice bloke. He did’nt swear a lot was nicely spoken, well educated and was very good in company, I never knew his father was a Judge, but I do know that he came from a good family background. I do remember his friend who had the accident and was killer, I can’t for the life of me think of his name at the moment, was it Roger ? it will come to me later, I have these moments with memory now. It would be good to know what he’s doing now.
Cheers, Archie.

Not sure I made my comments 100% clear – it was Erics friend whose father was a judge or similar !! I only know that because after his death some jewelry was missing from his body & a lot of strings were pulled in “high places” to get it returned [which it was] !!

You are correct though Eric is a real gentleman of the old school of International Drivers !!

Big Leggy:

Archie Paice:
Hullo Big Leggy,
Cheers, Archie.

Not sure I made my comments 100% clear – it was Erics friend whose father was a judge or similar !! I only know that because after his death some jewelry was missing from his body & a lot of strings were pulled in “high places” to get it returned [which it was] !!

You are correct though Eric is a real gentleman of the old school of International Drivers !!

Hullo Big Leggy,
Yes mate you were 100% clear, do read my reply again after I said he came from a good family background, there is a Full Stop… Then I recalled the accident. never mind eh ?
Cheers, Archie.

A picture i’ve just dug out from Truckfest in the 90’s

Hmm well the bloke I mention in the ACH thread, Robin Anderson, when I first met him was pulling an AMG tilt trailer. I remember them although I was only around 18 at the time and knew bugger all about wagons.

If its the same company they were based in the 70’s and 80’s out of North Farm at Loughton, the boss used to be called Alec Griffiths.

As Mavetons and D W Burns were based on the same estate they used to help each other out a fair bit…

Hullo Rikki,
It’s the same firm mate but they were over at North Weald on the Airfield. Alec had two of his motors in their colours but was subbing for them, doing Italy. A real nice bloke, is he still around do you know ? Good old North Farm days eh?, nip up to the Queens in Buckhurst Hill and get ratarsed ?, yeah me too.
Cheers, Archie.

Found these two piccies taken in Dover docks in the late 80’s
The old Daf looks very much like an old Russel Davies motor!

Ithought i had a piccie of old Erics White coz i ran with him a few times but by then it was in a sorry state,
so many panels had been replaced it was slowly turning black!