Ings transport fordingbridge

Hey Kev

Are you the bloke that started out driving a 7.5 tonner for Agricentre about 32/33 years ago? and used to drink over Martin club?

Anyone remember Ings or any of the drivers there?? I worked for Ings on and off for 10 years… this white scac trlr had Scac on one side and RHD on the other side

My dads mate paul worked for ings dont know his surname but know he is a cabbie around poole or bournemouth now.

cheers K Adams, racking my brains but dont remember a Paul…

regards kev

Hi Kev have you got a ‘Mackro’ or close up setting on your camera this helps with the quality of the pics.

Also wasn’t it RH&D on the trailers we did alot for them out of poole Tutty got on very well with them Phillipe Dore was he the boss in the office?

Keep em coming

Regards Pat

RH&D stood for Rhodes, Hayes and Dore, they were a smashing company. They really helped me when i started out. As i remember it they were agents for SCAC in Portsmouth and Poole and SCAC initially had there own office in Southampton before moving to Portsmouth. I owe a great deal to the Wilson brothers who ran the Portsmouth office, i use to do all the trailers up to Renault at the weekends when everyone else had there feet up. It was David Wilson who then introduced me to a company who became my greatest customer. Owe him a great deal, wonder where he went.

Pigsty Pete Haulage

Gary, Pat And Paul… You were all spot on, Phillipe Dore Colin Hayes and Rhodes good bunch, Phillipe went on to Scac at Pompey after RH & D, had many a good times on for them… I Will check my camara Pat as im sure it must have that setting… Yeah Gary good old Pigsty… (handle Chicken George) on the old cb… I Got loads of pics from back then…i will post some more soon. Remember all them strip outs at Shefield and Stocksbridge steel works in snow and ice up on them roofs of the tilts… Bloody wouldnt be allowed nowa days with all this health and safety… Hey Paul i saw Ewing the other day, He’s on containers outta Soton for Sparks Transport from Glastonbury. I worked also for Probo when Andy Woodrow was with John and Big Frank…

Regards all… Kev

i remember a girl called tracy working for them…
after she quit her barmaiding job at the jolly miller…wow, long time ago now

K.Adams:
My dads mate paul worked for ings dont know his surname but know he is a cabbie around poole or bournemouth now.

Just spoke to my dad his name was John not paul and has 2 or 3 cabs in Poole.
Also he knew the Late Yetti who was from Yeovil who work for Ings but died in a motorbike accident

K Adams yeah i remember Yeti he was a good bloke and god he could talk, God bless him RIP Still not sure about John without the surname tho.

All i remember was short hair earing and had a daf 95 360 ati low cab. I last saw him in 1998 but my dad seen him since then I will try and get a surname

Here’s some better pics for all the diesel heads out there… Left ■■■■■■ space cab Daf 95 430…

Regards Big Kev

Hey Pat, One of yours next to me waiting to board Britany ferries at Pompey… Its Mark Dibden in an ex Gilder Topline… As if you dont know that ha ha…
Got a couple more of yours to post tomorrow…

Regards Kev

Is that Mark Dibden’s truck is it true that they called him “bungalow”
coz he didn’t have much up top :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Pat

Ha Ha Pat, Never heard him called that but ‘Cabage’ was a favourite by many ha. Yeah i got another one of the same pic and you can clearly see him in all his glory…

Are they not still going? Im sure Ive seen some of their lorries squeezing up the high street!

Hello mate, No Ings packed up a few years ago now, But one of the brothers started up with a couple of trucks so maybe they’re the ones you see about ‘Plain White Dafs’

Regards Kev

hey kev, i posted this elsewhere but do you know if chris dare is still going?
ran daf space cabs last i saw him

Not sure if Chris Dare is still at it, i go past his old yard quite often and never see any trucks parked there SO maybe not… I will try and find out for ya matey. Here is another pic for you Steve…

Mine and Wurzel’s trucks at a truck show at the British Truck Racing Gand Prix at Silverstone 1986, We used to do all the shows and i got a second prize at one of the shows for my Daf 2800 ati D684 JRU… I Will post a pic of it later today… Nothing special compared to the trucks at the shows these days…

Regards Kev