Anybody remember Nicholls Haulage from Enfield

I had 3 years working for them as a subby running to the Ford plant in Valencia, Spain and returning with fruit mostly in tilt trailers.
Remember some of their drivers, Big Charlie Nunn, Pat Silk, Alan Coleman, Mike & Terry’s bar in Cullera they where happy days.
Bunging the French customs 50 francs not to stamp the front of your permit and a packet of Marlboro to them in La Jonquera for the same.
Nicholl’s used a lot of subbies from all over the UK

Mick is now involved in a business which supplies black cabs for hire & has a workshop for black cab repairs.
The yard in Ingersoll Road has now been turned into flats, Alan Coleman I think ended up moving to Thailand.
Do you remember Kenny Pomfrett best described as fast to avoid any legal issues. Roy Brandle I was told ended
working for Sainsburys at Hoddesdon.

Forgot about Kenny Pomfrett and I think him or Roy used to tip and load the trailers. Glad Mick is ok. Do you know if Derek Nickolds is still going ? He had a F88 and later 2 Gloabtrotters on the Ford work

angluman:
Forgot about Kenny Pomfrett and I think him or Roy used to tip and load the trailers. Glad Mick is ok. Do you know if Derek Nickolds is still going ? He had a F88 and later 2 Gloabtrotters on the Ford work

I think Derek retired then had another go, has now retired & living on the south coast last I heard.

Any Idea if Big Charlie Nunn is still with us? I Had a lot of time for Charlie, decent feller…

Ossie

My brother, Peter Carter worked for Mickey for a good while. Derek Nickolds has retired (for the 2nd time), but still lives in Enfield though. Roy works in the traffic office at Sainsburys, Waltham Point.