Amesbury Transport

If there are any Ex Amesbury Transport Drivers / Staff on here there will be a re-union In Amesbury on the 24th September 2011,

This will be ten years since Amesbury was taken over By Gregorys and the Cream & Green was lost forever changed to Brown and Yellow.

Tim

Hi Tim I have an ex Amesbury F10 E225 PPR

HI,
Are you restoring that, One of the ex Amesbury Bosses has bought an F7, (It appears under the F7 thread) and is restoring this in Atlas Transport colours who bought Amesbury In the 1970’s

Tim

yes we have started shes not too bad but will be in our colours we substitute our white for the cream

Here she is

And another.

all my pics are copywritten

It doesn’t look to Bad, It had been sat in Touchmeads yard for ages. It spent most of its last years with Amesbury Pulling a Flat colier For PHC to Uttoxeter or the North East with Fertilizer back.

Tim

I think her last 8-9 years were as a shuntere for Touchmead and with a fixed 5th wheel and the long pin fridges thats what did the damage to the back of the cab they then just moved the 5th wheel back a hole. we have put a new window in & purchased a new air intake and loads of other parts. But she must have worked hard full weight both ways I guess.
Cheers Rich

Here it is in Service I will look out for a few with Flat on.

Thanks Tim may I print these off for my personal collection please

i remember loading out of there must of been 10/11 years ago.

tribsa:
Thanks Tim may I print these off for my personal collection please

Yeah thats fine, I have got one of it somewhrere when it was with Touchmeads, It musy be on a Disc Somewhere, This was replaced with R249MPR a 124L 400 on the same work.

jessicas dad:
i remember loading out of there must of been 10/11 years ago.

Who were you working for at the time, the site has gone now, The top yard is now a Focus and thE station and Oak are Now a Tesco and tesco petrol Station.,

I remember years ago there being a cafe up near there yard.

Come on you old amesbury lads,i remember the cafe because i used to del loads to a site opposite the cafe over 20yrs ago.Now the good bit my memorys bad[old age]i cant remember what i delivered or who i delivered to so if you lads can mention some coms.from that area at that time it might just jog my memory,heres hoping.
regards dave.

You had Amesbury Transport and The Naafi in London Road, The cafe was called the Oak Cafe, The Oak cafe was ripped down Not long after the Naafi lost its contract and closed

Tim

timmyticket:
You had Amesbury Transport and The Naafi in London Road, The cafe was called the Oak Cafe, The Oak cafe was ripped down Not long after the Naafi lost its contract and closed

Tim

Thats it tim i used to deliver teabags to the naafi,cheers tim.
regards dave.

A few old Amesbury Motors from the collection

I was just looking at this Amesbury tpt thread and remembered the 1987-90 era. I worked for JWQ Tpt out of Reading. I remember a few Amesbury drivers because both firms did quite a bit of seasonal work for Courages.Now let me think, there were quite a few older/mature drivers there, there was Ron an ex-guardsman, “budgie”, was it “Smithy” (dark curly hair and tash-think he had a Daf 2800) and there was Father and Son ■■■■ and Richard. Incidently I met Richard by chance up the road at ICI Billingham, there was an emergency on and Richard hurt his lungs-I did a court statement but never heard what happened to him-does anyone know? All the very best to you all- Terry.

Terry,

Smithy is still driving and you are correct he had a DAF2800 One of two they had. Smithy was on for Smarts but i think he is now on for DJB. Not seen him i a while, The lads are still around, Smithy, John, Jimmy etc.

Tim