agency question.

Hi there,I passed my cat c in may and I,ve just signed up to my first agency.What i would like to know is if I join several other agencies and then one day i get offered work off more than one I would have to turn down some work.Would this agency note this down and not bother to call me again unless they are desperate ?

This has always been the dilemma and there is no easy answer
You have to make a decision -
A) sign up to one only but limiting yourself
B) sign up to many giving you more chance of work but with the possibility of turning some down - politely but firmly

I would personally opt for B

in the current climate it cant hurt to spread yourself around a few agencies. i am currently signed up with 3 agencies but one wont put me on hgvs cause not enough experience. only had C since sept 08 and C+E may 09. i always tell the other agencies if im working for another and the expected duration, just to be courteous and its been fine so far

Interesting one this. I passed my C class recently and signed with an agency who gave me work straight off. Last week I signed with another 3 with a view to hopefully getting some continuity. This week though, I’ve had nothing so far. I’d be interested to see how others are getting on with agencies and the amount of work they’re getting.

On another note, the impression I’m getting is that having the class 1 licence provides a lot more opportunities, would others agree with this :question: I intend on doing my class 1 shortly.

MAT:
the impression I’m getting is that having the class 1 licence provides a lot more opportunities, would others agree with this

From what I’ve been reading recently in these forums - yes

MAT:
This week though, I’ve had nothing so far

MAT:
I intend on doing my class 1 shortly.

Good - a CE blog on the way :question:
I bet you wish that you were doing CE artic training this week…

Good - a CE blog on the way
I bet you wish that you were doing CE artic training this week…

Yes and yes. In fact, I could have been doing my C+E this week but declined a cancellation slot as I thought I had work which didn’t happen. Looks like it will be into November :neutral_face:

ROG:
This has always been the dilemma and there is no easy answer
You have to make a decision -
A) sign up to one only but limiting yourself
B) sign up to many giving you more chance of work but with the possibility of turning some down - politely but firmly

I would personally opt for B

So why dont you Rog ?

26 years an Lgv Trainer:
So why dont you Rog ?

Because I’m waiting for some ‘Good professional advice and encouragement’ :wink: :slight_smile:

take the attiude of " sod em". you do whats best for you because when they have no work for you they won’t give a toss about you

I’ve signed up with 4 local agencies and told them about each other. Right now if I get a booking I’d send out an email with a ‘bcc’ (to hide the recipients) to all of them except the one who booked me to inform them I’m unavailable. Simplest way to keep all informed, it has worked in the past.