advise please.

:confused: Hi all, not posted for a while ( cos been busy ) but keep reading posts. Well i’ve been class 2 hiab driving for a while now and i want to be driving class 1. trouble is that any perm jobs dont seem to want a newbee :frowning: . I can get class 1 work with a couple of agencies but that would mean giving up a secure perm job to do it.( not really a smart move) So i would like some advise pls. :question: :question:

To be honest mate if you are in a good role in terms of money is coming in and it is fairly secure, you’d be mad to leave for the odd day of C&E driving. I’d like to be driving a racing transporter or on rock and roll tours or doing big heavy movement but we all have to bide our time in this game. As Guinness say good things come to those who wait, sit it out and wait for the right moment to strike for it mate :slight_smile:

Probably not what you want to hear, but it’s the only way you should play it imo

Hi Brian, Long time no speak!! :grimacing:

I have to agree with Jon though mate… my advice is to stay put.

At this time, you’re in a steady job and gaining experience… I honestly can’t see any sense in rocking the boat. :smiley:

Your time will come. :wink:

if you can go and do your C+E take wk hol but stay workin were you are and bide your time you never know

as if you do your C+E wait for 2 years then you never know :wink: as far as i am aware you only have to have held it for 2 yrs ( im sure ROG will be along to correct if im wrong ) :blush:

animal:
( im sure ROG will be along to correct if im wrong ) :blush:

ROG will only be along when Mrs ROG gives him the nod, and he’d best not argue with her. :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

I happen to think that taking the C+E test at an opportune time and then sitting on the licence for a while whilst still driving Cat “C” vehicles for further experience is a great idea Ang. Go for it Brian!! :smiley:

like all the rest have said really sit tight the boat aint stopped rocking yet fella… :grimacing:

But good luck if something turns up :wink:

thats what i thought. but its nice to get a re-assuring opinion. I passed my c+e in july 09. thats why i want to drive class 1 now. I gave myself a goal of driving class 1 by april 2010 so hopefully something will materialise. :smiley: :sunglasses: