Ive finally took the plunge!

Really really fedup with my job now (warehousing) so much gone on company changing hands and that, pay cuts, how changes, loss of shift allowance for working lates its just getting worse

Got my assessment mid may, ive done all the paper side of it, theory, hazard, cpc case studies etc last year, im hoping to take both C and C+E in June

eeeek :laughing:

I’m in the same position mate. Fed up of my job etc…
Just started my training this week :slight_smile:.

Hope all goes well for you!

Passed my c+e last month. Fantastic driving an artic. Even more so if you love driving already. Im just knocking on doors myself at the minute. Theres work out there just employers given us newbies a chance. Plenty of success storys on here :smiley:

Thanks people. Love cars and anything with wheels and an engine, love driving and travelling about and im better working on my own too ! Hopefully be all good !

I will have no trouble getting work through family links and also with a few companies ive made good friends with at work (as im a forklift driver in the yard i load/unload curtainsiders all day at present) the only hard bit for me is leaving my current full time job, guaranteed hours, guaranteed wage etc to go onto HGV agency work. From past experience agencies just seem to use you when they need to fill a gap or someone hasnt turned in, but we will see. Im trying to find out at the minute whether i could work my normal Mon - Fri job which is 12pm - 8pm and then work weekends to gain experience, either on afternoons or nights.

:slight_smile:

Your like me mate car head myself and would have go at anything with wheels :laughing: if you love driving should enjoy it then. I did my training and it was fantastic. Even better if your getting paid for driving somthing you already love doing. Ive stil to get job but ive handed out cvs and gona keep knocking until i get a shot. Training wise. Just listen to your trainer everything he says. And more importantly. Mirriors mirriors and some more mirriors. Take your time with the gears. Dont worry about there being to many gears ull get the jist of it. Take your time on your approach to juctions. Everything nice and slow. Its not a race. And enjoy it. Gud luck bud :smiley:

Cheers mate, hope you find work shame your not closer or could have helped you out :slight_smile:

Cheers mate. Im sure ill find somthing. Just bit frustrating this 2 years experince most employers look for. Just keep trying :smiley: . Loads people on here have got a chance at it. Newbies. Feel like takeing myself of to â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  somtimes see if theres anything over there :laughing: some family there and family in london :smiley:

Try local quarrys and just ring every agency you can or walk in with a CV, if the eastern europeans can come over and get works instantly im sure theres soemthing out there for you matey :slight_smile:

It’s a good plan to have at least 2 assessments so you have something to compare.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: i know georgy there everywhere. I just got a call there from my local job assist who try get you back to work. Im only out of work few months though. Worked for local chiense who salers as lorry drivers helper. No good people work for lets just say. So anyway was told to forward my cv to jark recruitment do you know what there like? I read a guys review here on the website. Saying ‘they will try get you to drive over your hours and when you dont agree they get rid of you’. Bit iffy about this one :confused:

Yeah theres loads of places about that will expect you to bend the rules in order to get more done, delivered collected only problem with that its money in their pocket but your licence on the line if you get busted…

I know a company in warwickshire that do it, some of their lorries arent even restricted properly i remember racing home in my car one evening down a dual carriageway with a identical car doing around 60 (moment of madness) and as soon i pulled back in this artic riding solo overtook me ! :laughing: :unamused:

I dont fancy bending the rules and going over my hours for recruiting firm that dosnt give â– â– â– â–  about me. Its you that gets the fine not them. :laughing: ya know the lorrys not restricted when your catching up on cars :laughing: lorrys are usally 55mph. How you finding tacographs? Im not 100% on them :confused:

This is my week point mate, drivers hours, ive got the basics but it still baffles me some it, what one person tells you is true another will tell you its wrong :confused:

Use mydrivinghours.co .uk, it’s free and incredibly useful, it logs your hours and tells you what you have left to use, reminds you how often you can do extended driving /reduced rest etc. So helpful and yet free! Amazing.

Davy1111 if I were in your shoes I might do the ■■■■■■■ trip to see what’s about. London is not a great place to start when learning I would say as it’s just nuts, but ■■■■■■■ would be a great area to start in!