advice please

hi everyone,as said before i passed my class c a month ago and recently had a weeks work at p and h in kent delivering sweets,drinks and such in cages around 10 drops a day.i enjoyed it although very physically demanding(a bit out of shape at mo).Anyway i hope to be offered a contract soon but i have been contacted by BRAKES today,i know its similar work but mostly frozen but i have been told by a couple of people its better work than P and H,your thoughts and advice greatly appreciated please … :confused:

If you are on agency then take any experience you can, it will serve you well. :wink:

ruddio:
hi everyone,as said before i passed my class c a month ago and recently had a weeks work at p and h in kent delivering sweets,drinks and such in cages around 10 drops a day.i enjoyed it although very physically demanding(a bit out of shape at mo).Anyway i hope to be offered a contract soon but i have been contacted by BRAKES today,i know its similar work but mostly frozen but i have been told by a couple of people its better work than P and H,your thoughts and advice greatly appreciated please … :confused:

First off- I agree with ladytrucker on this one.

My own thoughts: I can’t comment on P&H Vs BRAKES or the possible offer of a contract, but I’d say that, given your experience, take a CONCRETE offer. Also with NO DISRESPECT INTENDED, you’ve already done exceptionally well to be in the position in which you find yourself.

:bulb: My advice: Keep your head down, and keep learning quietly as you go… :wink:

It sounds like you’ve cracked it- well done :exclamation:

Bearing in mind we are about to enter summer, then getting hot and sweaty hopping in and out of the wagon I would take the frozen job. Fridge work in the summer is a god send :laughing: :laughing:

It’ll be worth it for the experience. Doing 20 odd schools, hospitals, old folks home etc will get you up to speed on manoeuvering and reversing.

Brakes (I’m sure) don’t generally do tail lifts, you sack barrow it to the kitchen from the rear door of the wagon.

I did 9 months on DBC to start, not by choice mind but it was good experience and a foot on the ladder. And yes fridges are a nice place to be in the summer (if we get one)