just passed!!!

hey all new member new driver, passed cat c end of dec and initial cpc passed first time well pleased, now the struggle to find work i currently have 3 points for being on the phone and a 6 year old dr10 (yound and stupid) im now 25 registered with agencies (nothing surprise surprise) anyone know of any haulage companies in kent that take new drivers have driven 3.5 and 7.5 for 4 years now and want something bigger, eventually doing my class 1 later this year.

forgot to say will work any time day or night nights out i dont mind work is work, money is money

Well done on passing
Day 1 on your own is where the real learning starts. As for work keep chipping away at it and your get a break soon enough.

bonus just gone out and got an assesment with p+h!!!

Congrats mate exciting when you pass the best advice I can give is go knocking doors. Drive around make your face known and keep going in until they give in and give you a chance. With little experience you need to emphasise your enthusiasm.
Be careful at p&h the drivers at our local depot through the lorries around like a bunch of tools, I’m not saying all but most of them I come across daily are in to much of a rush, only do what you can do don’t get in the habit of driving like a ■■■■ to get through the drops it’ll become a habit you’ll never get out off. Most importantly enjoy it good luck.

Congrats on the pass! And good luck with P&H!! :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley:

Phone hasn’t stopped all week with applying for jobs and they all keep phoning back wanting to meet me which I find very unusual considering my license? P+h is a good job but very hard work shifting cages in Central London into shops and don’t get me started on trying to find loading bays hard work good ish money but it’s only temporary so gotta crack on and find something permanent

Great to hear you’re getting callbacks! Must mean there is work out there just now. Yes, London is a very different beast (am hoping to avoid it if I can!)