advice needed

hi guys, im going to be of work for a few weeks with acute bronchitus, firstly had flu then went back to work to soon and things got worse, anyway, im going to be of for at least a week, possibly two. i work through agencys (class1 driver) and am wondering is there ne kind of sickness pay that i can get from the dole office, reckon im entitled to it the amount of blooody tax i pay.

thanks all

if you are, it will probably be means tested :open_mouth: :frowning:

your agency can pay you sick pay & dont let them tel you otherwise its called ssp & is about £63 pounds a week.

SSP is £72.55 pw if agency wont pay it claim incapacity benifit you may be able to claim other benifits as well ie housing

0800 055 66 88

wow gone up eh!

still dont pay the rent though :blush:

ROG:
if you are, it will probably be means tested :open_mouth: :frowning:

I was once means tested. They tested me and found I’m mean :laughing:

robntl:
still dont pay the rent though :blush:

Housing benefit is income related, so as ssp is so low you would be eligable to claim, just don’t expect it to be sorted overnight, can take up to three months depending on how in-efficient your local council is.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

thanks guys for your advice. i can imagine the sad story ill get when i phone the agency and tell them about this ssp. do you know what ssp stands for as i wanna be fully loaded when i call them.

thanks

statutory sick pay.
clik on link below and it tell you all about it.
hope it helps.

dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefit … ck_pay.asp

You must have worked for your employer under a contract of service.

thats what the site says, am i under a contract of service as i only work on a daily basis.

wizardofoz:
hi guys, im going to be of work for a few weeks with acute bronchitus, firstly had flu then went back to work to soon and things got worse, anyway, im going to be of for at least a week, possibly two. i work through agencys (class1 driver) and am wondering is there ne kind of sickness pay that i can get from the dole office, reckon im entitled to it the amount of blooody tax i pay.

thanks all

Tell em your Polish or Romanian mate and they will fill all the forms in and even send you a translater :unamused:

did the agency give you any paperwork when you joined them, did you sign owt,
you must be under a contract of some sort.

did i sign owt. i signed about 10.000.000.000.000 forms