Ssp , how does it work

This is 1 st week ssp , is this ever right , now I can’t remember how exactly it’s worked out but something like you loose first 3 days , so I’m guessing this is 2 days pay :question: , but 37 for 2 days , £18.50 per day , I’m guessing I’m missing something here , but even if you said you didn’t get paid 1st 5 days , where does £37 ssp come from .

Looks about right for SSP, no company sick pay where you’re working?

gov.uk/statutory-sick-pay/what-youll-get

Yep that’s right…

First three days unpaid…

Looks as though your brother in law is on to a winner then :wink:

This is why i get thoroughly ■■■■■■ off with those who take advantage of proper sick pay schemes by throwing sickies for no good reason.

When the good jobs have been milked dry, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is the result, pittance pay if you genuinely need to have time off work :imp:

Juddian:
This is why i get thoroughly ■■■■■■ off with those who take advantage of proper sick pay schemes by throwing sickies for no good reason.

When the good jobs have been milked dry, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is the result, pittance pay if you genuinely need to have time off work :imp:

+1

blackbart:

Ah right , yes it does look about right then , not sure to be honest on sick pay , but did get phone call saying don’t come back until your right as you’ll have to start sick pay again ( I assume he means first 3 days ) , will have a look at contract and see if I can suss it out , I’m a bit confused to be fair as it was works accident which I thought you’d get paid from day 1 .
Think a phone call to wages dept is in order , ta

the maoster:
Looks as though your brother in law is on to a winner then :wink:

When he gets a private house and not a ex- council house , gets a 66 plate car and not a old o- something plate he might be , but he’s a way to go at the moment :wink:

Juddian:

I’m not sure you can just blame the employee , I’ve gone from paramedic saying pins / needles in arms are heart related ( trace not right ) , hospital saying pulled muscle 2/4 days you’ll be fine ( no mention of what trace showed at hospital ) , pyhsio saying disc or nerves but not sure need Mri scan , chiropractor saying you’ve pulled tendon and by twisting to protect / lessen pain you’ve got 3 trapped nerves in neck / 1 in elbow , 2 nd visit pyhsio acupuncture and I think you have tennis elbow , 2 nd visit doctor pulled muscle 10 days you’ll be ok , visit to different doc and he says previous doc has put 6 weeks for shoulder trauma , visit to nurse practioneer and she says why no mr1 scan in 4 weeks , I’ll get you booked in , pyhsio next visit , I’m not sure what’s wrong , you need a mri scan but it won’t be anytime soon
So 6 weeks off , 1 st 2 hols and I’ve gone nowhere , I’ve still gone pins and needles constantly in my arm / hand and sometimes in neck back
So you could say 6 weeks for what seemed a pull of some type in back , no wonder there doing away with sick pay , but what can you do , I’ve forked out £170 for 5 chiropractor visits up until now .
I no where your comming from but sometimes your at the mercy of the people who treat you , Mri scan at hospital on back / arm on first visit to hospital not ecg ,would have probably saved all the visits to hospitals , docs , pysio, chiropractor , nurse practioneer etc and had me back to work or on the mend

Where I used to work before a few of us drivers organised our own sick scheme. We paid in to an account £10 per week each and if you had to have time off for a genuine reason we used to pay the driver his normal weeks wage for either as long as he needed or until the funds had run dry, which incidentally never happened. The fund was not for if he got up one morning and couldn’t be bothered to turn in, we used it for genuine unplanned unavoidable sick. As we organised it between ourselves, no one took the ■■■■.

Darkside:

Juddian:

+1

+2

The-Snowman:

Darkside:

Juddian:

+1

+2

+3
Seen it myself many times.

dozy:

blackbart:

Ah right , yes it does look about right then , not sure to be honest on sick pay , but did get phone call saying don’t come back until your right as you’ll have to start sick pay again ( I assume he means first 3 days ) , will have a look at contract and see if I can suss it out , I’m a bit confused to be fair as it was works accident which I thought you’d get paid from day 1 .

If it was work related injury surely you’re entitled to some kind of pay, what have they or the union said ?

Or were you doing something silly to injure yourself !!

bald bloke:

dozy:

blackbart:

If it was work related injury surely you’re entitled to some kind of pay, what have they or the union said ?

Or were you doing something silly to injure yourself !!

Industrial injury.? I suggest you get on to HR, if it was an in jury at work it’s not sickness.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

TROLL RADAR.gif