Advice for me the NUMPTY

I was changing my HT leads and distributor cap on my car today, to do this I had to remove the top off my air filter plus the air filter itself so I could undo the nuts on the distributor cap. and I am pretty certain that a small screwdriver has fallen out off my pocket down the air intake hole :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: , I cant see it, but the only way to be sure is take the air hose off at the bottom and I need it up in the air to do that, can it actually get sucked into the engine? is the air suction powerful enough?. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Dunno, try it and see. Let us know if 'ur engine blows up.

It would probably just knock the โ– โ– โ– โ–  out of your fuel consumption and performance if it stops enough air getting through. If none is getting through you 'ent going to start your car.

enit?

So what car bolts itโ€™s distributor cap on?
Wot 'appen to the clips?

george3:
So what car bolts itโ€™s distributor cap on?
Wot 'appen to the clips?

Went out with the ark.

Dizzy caps have been held on with screws/small bolts since, iโ€™d say, mid 80โ€™s.

I no longer work on modern cars, but donโ€™t think they even have a distributor cap nowadays as such do they?

Certainly points & rotor arms are long gone.

To the OP, youโ€™re biggest worry is if gets sucked into a butterfly valve & jams it open = full throttle.

If it is stuck between the air filter and engine REMOVE IT, if it is stuck between the air filter and air vent then it should be ok.

Put it on a lift this morning at Kwik-Fit, it is in the pipe but it cant move from where it is, and the fitter told me the pipes are prone to damage if removed, so i will leave it till next service it cant do any damage where it is.

Blunder Man:
Put it on a lift this morning at Kwik-Fit, it is in the pipe but it cant move from where it is, and the fitter told me the pipes are prone to damage if removed, so i will leave it till next service it cant do any damage where it is.

I bet they said you need 4 new tyres, new pads, brake disks and an exhaust :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iโ€™m guessing its dropped into the pipe at the bottom of the air filter box?

You will probably be able to retrieve it with one of those flexible thingies with a magnet on the end. Theโ€™re only a couple of quid to buy.

In Ebay put in โ€œmagnetic retrieval toolโ€ then look for the flexible one.

My wife took a bit of net curtain wire, tied a magnet on the end and there it was, thanks for the idea Driverone. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carling Black Label :laughing: