Is there a Knack?

Hi Guys
I am still having problems connecting the Air line on the Wagon and Drag. :blush:
I’ve even switched off, Pumped the brakes and still I don’t seem to be able to push hard enough - Am I doing something Wrong ?
Well I must be… I’m not a strong lad but ok. I push Push and Push. :blush:
Should I be pulling the Male bit down at the same time or what. :unamused:

It is doing my head in :confused: :confused: :blush: :frowning: :angry: :blush:
Off to Bristol in the morning with the drag. :smiley:

Cheers Guys

Just dip the coupling in a full diesel tank or a cup of diesel for 10 seconds, pull it out and wipe it off and you’ll be fine.

You need to pull the collar down making sure the gap is seated fully over the notch. That was far more difficult to explain than I thought it was going to be when I started typing :neutral_face:

what harry said,and excersise those weedy arms lol

Dip it in diesel and get your knee behind it.

Is it a standard female coupling or the twin airline type ?

Hold the collar back, and than a smart push should do the job.
Something wrong if you need to put your whole body behind it!
and buy a can of WD40 (doesn’t smel so nasty on your hands)

give it a good soaking in wd40 and spin the collar round a good few times and soak again should get rid of any grit lodged in the collar you should feel the difference after that

Vaseline :exclamation:

Suedehead:

No (unless you’re joking) it will cause grit and muck to get stuck on the coupling.

merc0447:
Dip it in diesel and get your knee behind it.

Doesn’t work if you’ve got an anti-syphon device fitted and if you have weak knees or in my case being disabled, a very weak leg.

As for using WD40, I thought that was frowned upon by the old timers, who want a rusty collar.

Cheers lads :slight_smile:
All sounds very rude :blush:

Got some Niva for Men of Course :slight_smile:

I shall try at 6am - Need a torch on my head -
Yes to the exercise …
When I had my weeks experience with a proper truck ^ trailer it did not seem as bad but the drag I am underneath the wagon, banging my head getting covered in dirt and hurting my back - Very Health and Safety :cry:

I am trying to get a proper truck job - had an interview, got to go for a 2nd interview with the company - so I am crossing my fingers. :smiley:
I better have Newbie in the window - as I can not reverse properly :blush:
With the wagon and drag - I am trying to understand back the trailer then have to do my bit of the wagon as well… Not going into the services to give you all a laugh :smiley: - I will find a big layby with nobody in it :slight_smile: :blush: :laughing:

Own Account Driver:

Suedehead:

No (unless you’re joking) it will cause grit and muck to get stuck on the coupling.

Ooooo errrr :open_mouth:

patience and practice is all you need

Confess i hate doing the couplings on a wagon & drag, they get filthy dirty and seize solid with road salt.

If i had a regular vehicle i’d cut some inner tubes up and after greasing them would wrap the air line connectors, might find an old bicycle tyre tube would slide over the fittings quite nicely, thin cable tie at each end if connected for a few days, Robert’s your dads brother.

Juddian:
Confess i hate doing the couplings on a wagon & drag, they get filthy dirty and seize solid with road salt.

If i had a regular vehicle i’d cut some inner tubes up and after greasing them would wrap the air line connectors, might find an old bicycle tyre tube would slide over the fittings quite nicely, thin cable tie at each end if connected for a few days, Robert’s your dads brother.

duo couplings
http://www.bartlett-equip.com.au/images/products/otherduomatic.jpg
should be standard on all trucks

luv26t:
Hi Guys
I am still having problems connecting the Air line on the Wagon and Drag. :blush:
I’ve even switched off, Pumped the brakes and still I don’t seem to be able to push hard enough - Am I doing something Wrong ?
Well I must be… I’m not a strong lad but ok. I push Push and Push. :blush:
Should I be pulling the Male bit down at the same time or what. :unamused:

It is doing my head in :confused: :confused: :blush: :frowning: :angry: :blush:
Off to Bristol in the morning with the drag. :smiley:

Cheers Guys

Just spit on yer finger, find the hole with your finger then rub spit round it then thrust the male bit in :smiley:

mezzzz1211:

Juddian:

duo couplings
http://www.bartlett-equip.com.au/images/products/otherduomatic.jpg
should be standard on all trucks

Yes I’ve got this piece of ■■■■,no messing :smiley: :smiley:

Easy put the truck in gear let the hand brake off and you wont get a signal down the service (yellow) line.It just pops in then but the supply(red) is always pressurised but the resovoir will always buffer so it dont take much effort to push that on.

Or are you on about the jost multicoupling for drags.They pull themselves on using the lever.

Update if your driving something with an auto box DONT select a gear and turn off the engine 2 reasons first is that some boxes will reselect neutral after a few seconds and the bugger could roll over you and second if the engine is stopped and a gear is selected ,when you push on the red line it could take the tractor auxiliary circuit below threshold pressure and then your stuck in gear and you wont be able to restart the engine as there wont be enough air in the circuit to make the shifter select nuetral.Use the park brake on the trailer to hold the motive unit and leave the engine running,once connected apply the hand brake then push the trailer brake off.

put into gear ,the leave handbrake off.always worked for me.