Adr traing material

Hi all. I am going to go for my adr. Is there any training material availiable. Never been any good with exams so was hoping to get a head start before I booked a course.
Thanks for your help :smiley:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23162

If not there dave will be along later to advise

:smiley: thanks animal that gives me a start :smiley:

romulas:
Hi all. I am going to go for my adr. Is there any training material availiable. Never been any good with exams so was hoping to get a head start before I booked a course.
Thanks for your help :smiley:

Hi romulas, 'fraid thereā€™s not a lot of material out there mate. :frowning:

However, animal has given you a link to the ADR sticky in the H&S forum, so thereā€™s something to be reading for the time being. :wink:
The way that the sticky is set up is like a very long question and answer session, rather than an attempt at writing a structured course.

My advice is that wherever you take your course, they should give you some kind of book/handout for you to keep. The course itself is pretty straightforward, but youā€™ll sink quicker than whale ā– ā– ā–  if you donā€™t ask a question when the instructor mentions something you donā€™t understand.

Youā€™ve expressed a concern at ā€œNever been any good with examsā€ so I can tell you that the questions appear just like on Who wants to be a millionaire, ie, a short non-technical question followed by four choices A, B, C, & D. Thereā€™s NO writing for you to do in the exams. To indicate your answer, you just put a line in a box, just like filling in a lottery ticket. Now how hard can that be?
Due to the fact that thereā€™s four options, it stands to sense that the correct answer to every question is written right there in front of you. :grimacing:
:open_mouth: Usually, one of the options is so daft that you can eliminate it straight away, thereby increasing your chances. :wink:

If the instructor asks questions at the end of a lesson, youā€™ll do yourself no favours by sitting there in silence. :wink:
So you get the answer wrong?? So what?? Better to get it sorted there and then, rather than keep stumm and also get it wrong in the exam. :wink:

If you read the three pages of the ADR sticky, please ask if thereā€™s something you donā€™t understand. :smiley:

Thereā€™s a seller on e-bay doing the ADR notes if youā€™re interested.(Not you Dave is it?) :grimacing:
cgi.ebay.co.uk/ADR-Course-Exam-O ā€¦ 286.c0.m14

gsm31:
Thereā€™s a seller on e-bay doing the ADR notes if youā€™re interested.(Not you Dave is it?) :grimacing:

Hi gsm31, no mate, that isnā€™t me.

The seller has put his location as ā€œBognor Regisā€ whereas Iā€™m in Ellesmere Port. :wink:

Iā€™ve shortened the link to this: Shortened LINK and it still goes to the same place.

I like the way the guy gives the warning about his notes being originals, so I wonder how heā€™d react to me saying that they appear to me to be uncannily similar to the material used in the Consortiumā€™s ADR course, and that the notes are a little out of date. :wink:

:smiley: Thanks gsm31 and dieseldave. Iā€™ll have a read of the adr sticky. Iā€™ll certainly ask questions.
Sounds like I should have no problem with the exams when in multiple choice format. :unamused:
Thanks again never been let down by the guys on here great help :smiley: :smiley: