ADR

Hi everyone… Is there any available research material on this topic… For some (“Pre Study”) Before i book a course?
Many thanks… Jim

There is this thread = viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23162

That’s a great long thread that ROG has linked to, but possibly a bit scary/overwhelming for someone who is yet to even do ADR.

So here’s the idiot introduction to what to expect on an ADR course! :smiley:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053

Jim1978:
Hi everyone… Is there any available research material on this topic… For some (“Pre Study”) Before i book a course?
Many thanks… Jim

Hi Jim,

My advice is that you wait until you’re on the course mate.

The course provider must give you an appropriate handout, so there’s no need to worry on that score.

In the case of an ADR course, ‘pre-study’ isn’t a good idea because once the tutor has explained something and you’ve had chance to clarify it, it’s the Devil’s own job to un-learn something that you thought you understood beforehand. :smiley:

Cheers guys… I tried to read the first one but digested the second one better :slight_smile:
So… When it comes time to book ADR where/who is best to use? I am Eastbourne based.
Also the course material, is it the same wherever & whoever you use? if so… i guess it makes sense to go with the cheapest provider?
Or am i wrong? Please advise :slight_smile:

Jim1978:
Cheers guys… I tried to read the first one but digested the second one better :slight_smile:
So… When it comes time to book ADR where/who is best to use? I am Eastbourne based.
Also the course material, is it the same wherever & whoever you use? if so… i guess it makes sense to go with the cheapest provider?
Or am i wrong? Please advise :slight_smile:

Hi Jim,

The ADR syllabus and exams are the same wherever you go, but the course materials and handouts do vary in quality.

Let’s just say that you tend to get what you pay for. :wink:

Here are a few ADR providers down your way:

Roadsafe Europe Ltd
Units 003-006
Solent Business Centre
Millbrook Road West
Southampton
SO15 0HW
Tel: 02380 702576
Email: info@roadsafeeurope.com

By Pass Driver Training
Unit 2 B
Dear Park Farm Industrial Estate
Knowle Lane
Fair Oak
Eastleigh
S050 7PZ
023 8069 5956
Email: enquiries@by-pass.co.uk

2 Start Ltd
Unit 5 Murrills Ind Estate
East Street
Portchester
Hampshire
PO16 9RD
Tel: 0800 7302093
Email:oly@2start-training.com

Blimey Dave, is Fareham the closest trainer to Eastbourne? :open_mouth:
That seems crazy…

OP - I did mine at ByPass, good friendly bunch of guys there…

Evil8Beezle:
Blimey Dave, is Fareham the closest trainer to Eastbourne? :open_mouth:
That seems crazy…

My guess is that it’s something to do with Eastbourne not being near any major chemical type industries.