Acid attacks on van drivers

These acid attacks get ever more worrying. Two drivers attacked, one fighting for his life. I’ve often thought about the type of person that can do something so evil, because that’s what it is, pure evil. We need to ban the substances used for these attacks

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41859186

Just read further that the driver in first attack has almost certainly lost his sight. Horrifying. I think a minimum of a life sentence should be handed out to these scum

Luke, you have email. :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Luke, you have email. :open_mouth:

That goes somewhat against the point of a forum post

van drivers they where takeaway deliveries on mopeds

karl67:
van drivers they where takeaway deliveries on mopeds

I was incorrect one was indeed on a moped but the more serious one was a van driver, hence picture of a van surrounded by police tape

Yep it seems this form of attack is on the increase, it was confined to inter gang violence a while ago, it was the weapon of choice as just being caught carrying a knife or gun would carry the risk of a prison sentence, no need to prove intent to use.
It’s now spread from that to be used in robberies, it’s such a awful thing to do to somebody scared for life or worse, the problem is also you can buy corrosive substances for everyday use, so it would be difficult to prison people for possession, unless you can prove intent.
Not sure how you catch the scum that carry out these attacks, they are often on mopeds so quite mobile in cities, probably more so than the police, if there are any nearby at the time, but how you target them before an attack, more stop and search maybe, but that seems to get controversial.

Just a minor point, weren’t both victims moped delivery riders, the BBC report says they were and in both attacks they tried to steal the mopeds? Not that it make a difference.

I think a minimum sentence of 5 yrs if caught just having any substance on you that is unjustified would stop these morons from walking around with it in the first place. Certainly a life sentence for using it on someone, I worry about what this world is coming to when you see these horrific crimes. From the days of a gentleman’s punch up we get people stamping on heads, then knives and now to acid attacks. Weak cowards and pathetic low lives is all that can be used to describe them, just pure scum.

You’re all right that this particular form of violence seems particularly nasty and visceral. Sends a shiver down the spine doesn’t it. No way would I be lenient on the nasty low lifes using chemicals to attack people. But, here’s the “but”, does increasing the penalty for offences really deter the criminals doing it? To Really deter people you need to convince them they’ll be caught. A fifty year term is no deterent to an impressionable kid who rides his moped like an idiot because he’s convinced he’s immortal! Death and injury are not relevant to the thinking of teen kids. They are convinced they will never be in sn accident. They ste convinced they will never be caught.
Strong sentences yes, but they’ll only be effective if you can catch them.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

With sulphuric acid for batteries/brick cleaning/ drain cleaning, phosphoric acid for de rusting , nitric acid used in valeting ect its all very accessable stuff used in many industries. So easy for these scrotes just to walk into any hardware/builders merchants and buy litres of the stuff with no restrictions…

The more I think about it the angrier I get. Just a bloke who went to work to earn a living, and now his whole families life has been turned upside down and into a living hell, just because one little s***bag. And being 14 means he’ll never get a decent sentence for ruining a man’s whole life.

I posted about this the other day. As I said, I always lock my door and shut my window at least 50% whenever I’m inside the m25 now.

Words cannot describe the spinechilling horror of this trend. I feel your anger and worry mate.

Read somewhere last week that London Ambulances are carrying around 5 litre cans of water now specifically for these attacks.
A few seconds is all it takes to blind/scar someone though…

A TEENAGE boy has been arrested after a delivery driver was left fighting for life and likely blinded when thugs chucked acid in his face as they tried stealing his scooter.
A horrified witness saw the 32-year-old desperately trying to get back into the house he had been delivering food to after he was targeted by two men in Walthamstow, East London.

London 2017.

Remembrance day soon, did our heroes die for this ■■?

Ashamed.

when caught/convicted…have the perps themselves sprayed with acid.then deport them to their country of origin.might make other vermin think twice about carrying acid or whatever.

Won’t be long until someones getting acid in their face for blocking somebody in whilst making a delivery. Drivers have confrontations with the public all the time.

Defiantly worrying, I agree with Luke it should be life sentences on the table but i’d also suggest massive restrictions on the sale of these chemicals. You really don’t need to be able to buy acids to clear your drains or oven in your local Co-op.

These vile scum should be slowly lowered into a vat of acid an inch per hour until they succumb to their deserved injuries

Not only has the poor bloke probably lost his sight he’s also probably totally disfigured now from the acid chucked in his face but as mentioned the little scrout will get a light sentence no doubt.

Prison is no longer a realistic deterrent for anything. Cells have to be heated to a minimum temp, 3 meals a day, access to the gym, vast majority of lags have a job to prevent boredom etc.

Pool tables, TV’s, games consoles galore. Further to these amenities you can do further education and gain skills.

So basically, prison life is certainly not a step down from their everyday lives on the outside :neutral_face:

eagerbeaver:
Prison is no longer a realistic deterrent for anything. Cells have to be heated to a minimum temp, 3 meals a day, access to the gym, vast majority of lags have a job to prevent boredom etc.

Pool tables, TV’s, games consoles galore. Further to these amenities you can do further education and gain skills.

So basically, prison life is certainly not a step down from their everyday lives on the outside :neutral_face:

Preventing boredom = less riots = less attacks on prison staff

You act as if getting an education in jail is a bad thing. Most people never had the chance to get an education so giving them a chance to get one will mean better job prospects when they get released which will keep them out of trouble.

I don’t know what you want to happen to criminals… Lock them up in a victorian style system and throwaway the key? There is no luxury inside jail, if you think there is then you should stop reading the daily mail or whatever rag that says there is.

This poor guy is so f’d up they’ve had to put him in medically induced coma FFS.

Thanks to the ‘do gooders’ in this ■■■■■ hole country and nanny state, discipline in childhood / children and schools is now a thing of the past and we are reaping the consequences of that!
Best buckle up cause it ain’t gonna get any better!