Bus drivers dont you just love them?

…until now! :grimacing:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-17066798

Holy crap, that cyclist must really ■■■■■■ the driver off. Problem is the “poor innocent bike rider” probably gave the driver so much grief it just made him ‘pop’.

Whilst I don’t condone what the bus driver did, I suppose spending all day with idiots is likely to cause someone to flip.

cyclist got what was comming.

Saw it on the news earlier, as a regular user of the roads in that area it,s crazy enough in a truck, there is absolutely know way I would cycle in that part of Bristol.

I used to get annoyed when people cycled on pavements but not when you see the aggressive way people drive on their commute not any more.

I don’t care what the cyclist did.You can’t go taking the law into your own hands and knocking them of their bike.That bus driver was lucky he wasn’t facing a murder charge !!

With views like that you’ll be drummed out of the TDA Dave!

Tipper Drivers Association!

44 Tonne Ton:
With views like that you’ll be drummed out of the TDA Dave!

Tipper Drivers Association!

Can’t condone that sort of behavior 44,no matter how riled you get :frowning: .
Cheers Dave.

Im mainly in London with a few Million People where quit a few are using the Road like Idiots,but you have to get on with it or leave it.You cant just knock the next down you dont like.

Immigrant:
Im mainly in London with a few Million People where quit a few are using the Road like Idiots,but you have to get on with it or leave it.You cant just knock the next down you dont like.

Maybe if we could standards would improve considerably?

I don’t believe what I’m reading!!!
People think its ok to use a bus to deliberately hurt a bloke on a pedal bike.
I am so glad I got my family out of the uk.

Disgusting driving no sympathy at all for him.

If you want to kill someone, use a vehicle. An deliberate case of attempted murder, caught on CCTV, and he gets 17 months (out in 8 months)? It’s an absolute disgrace.
Had he used a knife or a gun, the sentence would have been much longer, but it seems that drivers can use their vehicles as weapons with almost complete impunity.

Hopefully his license will be revoked permanently and he’ll get to experience what it’s like to cycle around Bristol and deal with incompetent idiots like him trying to ram you off the road.

And for the people who think that the cyclist “deserved it” - BBC Points West had a lot more CCTV footage - apparently it started at the earlier roundabout where the bus driver undertook the cyclist and blatantly forced the cyclist out of their lane so that he could continue around the roundabout to the second exit, rather than taking the first exit. On exiting the roundabout, the bus driver stopped almost straight away (at the entrance to the bus station, which is barely a truck length from the roundabout exit). The cyclist stopped in front and had a go at the driver for his (quite obviously) dangerous driving, and the above video shows the rest.

Given the longer footage shown on BBC PW, I’m in no doubt that this was not just a “moment of madness” - the incident on the roundabout was blatantly aggressive driving, and I doubt that that was an isolated incident.

I have personal experience of a bus driver deliberately using his bus as a weapon, on a section of road which had been narrowed down to a single lane by roadworks, with traffic lights controlling the traffic flow, but where a side road entered in the middle of the controlled section, and the side road did not have any traffic lights (it was the entrance to a park, so very low traffic). Unfortunately the idiots doing the roadworks put up the “Joining traffic not controlled by lights” signs on the side road, not the main one, so the traffic along the main road did not know that traffic could be joining. I waited for the traffic to stop flowing in one direction, and then pulled out. The lights for the opposite direction went green as I did so, and the bus driver waiting came straight onto my side of the road and drove directly at me, in order to intimidate me, because he assumed (incorrectly) that, because his light was green, I must have cycled through a red light. I was forced into an emergency stop and to dive off the road to avoid a head-on collision. Unfortunately, it was relatively late at night, so there were no independent witnesses around and no CCTV. The police didn’t even bother to respond to my complaint. So, to “mrx”, did I “get what was coming”?

What’s the fuss anyway. If he had been on a motorbike, the driver would have got a medal…

I’m a Coach (bus) driver …

daveb0789:

My hero!!!

daveb0789:

Interesting. Do use your bus as a weapon? :confused: Or as a ■■■■■ magnet? :laughing:

I’ve just seen that video. I can’t believe it. But I know why i don’t drive buses (or coaches) full time any more. My coach is a luxury long distance cruiser and never rushes anywhere lol. As for the magnet - if only the driver was better looking he might have some luck!

Fat, ginger ■■■■■■…Not once, did he reverse over the cyclist and finish him off. Seriously though. That’s awful!

MrFlibble:
If you want to kill someone, use a vehicle. An deliberate case of attempted murder, caught on CCTV, and he gets 17 months (out in 8 months)? It’s an absolute disgrace.
Had he used a knife or a gun, the sentence would have been much longer, but it seems that drivers can use their vehicles as weapons with almost complete impunity.

Hopefully his license will be revoked permanently and he’ll get to experience what it’s like to cycle around Bristol and deal with incompetent idiots like him trying to ram you off the road.

And for the people who think that the cyclist “deserved it” - BBC Points West had a lot more CCTV footage - apparently it started at the earlier roundabout where the bus driver undertook the cyclist and blatantly forced the cyclist out of their lane so that he could continue around the roundabout to the second exit, rather than taking the first exit. On exiting the roundabout, the bus driver stopped almost straight away (at the entrance to the bus station, which is barely a truck length from the roundabout exit). The cyclist stopped in front and had a go at the driver for his (quite obviously) dangerous driving, and the above video shows the rest.

Given the longer footage shown on BBC PW, I’m in no doubt that this was not just a “moment of madness” - the incident on the roundabout was blatantly aggressive driving, and I doubt that that was an isolated incident.

I have personal experience of a bus driver deliberately using his bus as a weapon, on a section of road which had been narrowed down to a single lane by roadworks, with traffic lights controlling the traffic flow, but where a side road entered in the middle of the controlled section, and the side road did not have any traffic lights (it was the entrance to a park, so very low traffic). Unfortunately the idiots doing the roadworks put up the “Joining traffic not controlled by lights” signs on the side road, not the main one, so the traffic along the main road did not know that traffic could be joining. I waited for the traffic to stop flowing in one direction, and then pulled out. The lights for the opposite direction went green as I did so, and the bus driver waiting came straight onto my side of the road and drove directly at me, in order to intimidate me, because he assumed (incorrectly) that, because his light was green, I must have cycled through a red light. I was forced into an emergency stop and to dive off the road to avoid a head-on collision. Unfortunately, it was relatively late at night, so there were no independent witnesses around and no CCTV. The police didn’t even bother to respond to my complaint. So, to “mrx”, did I “get what was coming”?

Quite agree he should have his licence revoked,but he didn’t.
Hill was also disqualified from driving for two-and-a-half years and ordered to pass an extended driving test.