One for the Bike Haters

Sorry if this has already been posted but it’s too good to miss:

Clearly a hgv drivers fault that one…hope it was Boris “I hate all hgvs” Johnson riding that bike.

Serves the prick right. He should’ve gone through the window and out the window the other side. Mind you he probably jumped another red light the day after.

And as usual roaduser66 is suspiciously quiet towards this kind of incident. Although he’d probably try to justify it by quoting some bull ■■■■ statistic about buses

What else can one say but

I saw this on the MEN website, scary stuff :open_mouth:

The cyclist has held his hands up to it though - he gunned it for the lights, missed the change and when he got on the brakes, his front brake cable snapped. A wet road with only your rear wheel to stop you isn’t going to end well. As for the ‘oblivious’ bus driver - he wasn’t, he parked up safely and went to check on the cyclist.

General IZD:

The cyclist has held his hands up to it though - he gunned it for the lights, missed the change and when he got on the brakes, his front brake cable snapped. A wet road with only your rear wheel to stop you isn’t going to end well. As for the ‘oblivious’ bus driver - he wasn’t, he parked up safely and went to check on the cyclist.

He missed the change■■? :open_mouth: The lights were at the red a good few seconds before he was on top of them not like they were changing to red as he got to them.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

General IZD:

He missed the change■■? :open_mouth: The lights were at the red a good few seconds before he was on top of them not like they were changing to red as he got to them.

I mean that he thought he could make it before they change, but couldn’t, and his brake cable snapped when he responded to the red light. He was probably doing about 25mph so it’s easy to see how he’d slide into the bus.

Of course, he’d never have found himself in that situation if he’d approached the lights like a sensible person, or could have stopped/changed direction if he had a friction brake on the rear.

General IZD:

Regardless of whether he held his hands up,like he had any option to anyway the video shows it all,was he charged for jumping a red light and causing a RTA■■? Or made to prove his brake cable snapped which personally I think is a load of ■■■■■■■■ just an excuse because he got caught on camera.
Edit-he is still physically peddling in a forward motion after he has gone through the lights so I call ■■■■■■■■ to his story,he obviously fancied his chances.

Should have said ‘NO MORE BAD RIDING. EVER’ on the side of that bus. Lol.

ckm1981:

General IZD:

Regardless of whether he held his hands up,like he had any option to anyway the video shows it all,was he charged for jumping a red light and causing a RTA■■? Or made to prove his brake cable snapped which personally I think is a load of ■■■■■■■■ just an excuse because he got caught on camera.
Edit-he is still physically peddling in a forward motion after he has gone through the lights so I call [zb] to his story,he obviously fancied his chances.

He’s riding a fixie though, so if the rear wheel is turning, so are the pedals.

General IZD:

ckm1981:

General IZD:

Edit-he is still physically peddling in a forward motion after he has gone through the lights so I call [zb] to his story,he obviously fancied his chances.

Is he riding a fixie though?thought he was just using pedal clips so he would have stopped pedalling even if he couldn’t unclip in time?
Didn’t even think fixies existed anymore,I remember them on my 90s raliegh grifter :laughing:

ckm1981:

General IZD:

ckm1981:

General IZD:

Is he riding a fixie though?thought he was just using pedal clips so he would have stopped pedalling even if he couldn’t unclip in time?
Didn’t even think fixies existed anymore,I remember them on my 90s raliegh grifter :laughing:

Yeah, the article says he was. I’ve still got a scar on my shin from the first and last time I had a go a fixie! :grimacing:

Only two possibilities really, in my humble view. He either made a conscious decision to ignore the lights, or was in a trance-like daydream. What if the ■■■ had ploughed into a frail old lady/gent or small child crossing the road? No defence whatsoever on his part, and absolutely no reason why he shouldn`t be prosecuted.

What would be really cool, and beautifully ironic, would be if he had a helmet cam that actually assisted in incriminating him! Quite probable also that a junction like that would have cameras trained on it, but realistically (alas) nothing would come of this.

He probably tears about, riding like that all the time. :unamused:

General IZD:

ckm1981:

General IZD:

sorry but got to say what sort of fool rides a fixie in an urban environment with lots of traffic light junctions and pedestrian crossings etc .what if that had been a pedstrian crossing he had ploughed into rather than a bus ? by all means ride a fixie on the wide open roads where you have room & time to react but in a city center "accident looking for somewhere to happen " in my eyes

Lesson here is use a mountain bike for cities
I like a clatter thru london on my Anthem X1 . He could have wrote the bus off with mtb
Traffic lights are for traffic .
Cyclists are not traffic .
So things i do in scania dont apply
Learn to love cyclists .
Cause we just a bit superior to pedestrians and car commuters
Will post a pic of my anthem stuck up a tree when i can work out how

Btw . many types of fixies .
There your dutch style back pedal for braking .
Theres yr fix single gear with a front brake
Theres yr fixed single gear without any brakes
And theres yr single gear on a freewheel hub so u can zoom down the hills
But they are not really fixies but its hard to tell by looking

boredwivdrivin:
Btw . many types of fixies .
There your dutch style back pedal for braking .
Theres yr fix single gear with a front brake
Theres yr fixed single gear without any brakes
And theres yr single gear on a freewheel hub so u can zoom down the hills
But they are not really fixies but its hard to tell by looking

“There’s yr brain gear for workin aat that cyclists must obey all traffic signals to prevent face planting vehicles”

Nice try trollman.

Are you also known as boredwivbrain?

:laughing: :laughing: take no prisoners!!

The old brain is just about good enough to know that different rules apply to different vehicles and cyclists and pedestrians .
Do all the bike whingers wait for the green man before crossing the road ■■ Tut tut
Do all the car drivers NEVER park on the pavement ■■ Nawty
Do all the professional truck drivers leave a safe braking distance before pulling back in after the over take ■■ Nawtee

Cycling is all about smooth momentum and im not stopping for daft traffic lights when im not traffic