Remember this case?

16 year-old girl killed by a banned driver on the Ringwood bypass?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24146473

Well done to the Dorset Police for catching him, but given he was banned, left her in the road to be killed and then did his best to cover his tracks, do you think he got off lightly?

Only 6 years? Too little IMO.

I’ll second that old boy

Lets hope when he gets out it’ll be with out the use of a few things … should have got a lot longer

I remember it, poor girl if she was alive still before the vw van hit her and caused the head injuries then if the selfish ■■■■ had stopped and made her safe maybe she would have survived?. The bloke needs stringing up not given 6 years out in 3 no doubt with “good behaviour”. Sometimes the British justice system leaves you wondering doesn’t it.

Karl86:
I remember it, poor girl if she was alive still before the vw van hit her and caused the head injuries then if the selfish [zb] had stopped and made her safe maybe she would have survived?. The bloke needs stringing up not given 6 years out in 3 no doubt with “good behaviour”. Sometimes the British justice system leaves you wondering doesn’t it.

Certainly does, when you face 5 years for using a magnet!!

The sentance alone for causing death by dangerous driving was 2 years, the other four were for perverting the course of justice.

To boot he was an ex-paramedic and lost a sister 30 years ago to a traffic accident.

Wrong, so wrong. As said above, lets hope he comes out with a few things no longer working, lets face it he’ll be sponging on the dole for the rest of his life anyway the fat ■■■■■■■

Why can’t prison guards just turn their backs now and then, you hear of people like this, people like that woman who starved her kid to death, pedo’s, rapists etc etc etc…

Why do they survive prison? They should be in there for 6 weeks before their funeral, and those 6 weeks should be miserable and painful :smiling_imp:

2 years for causing death by dangerous driving,essentially killing someone, yet 4 years for lying about it…the law is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

In this case 6 years seems inadequate.

It was death by careless driving, not dangerous driving, that’s why it’s so low.

Glad it’s not just me, then.

I thought this whole case was shocking. I don’t live in the area now, but my first job after leaving school was in Three Legged Cross, and I used to ride my motorcycles in that area a lot, so it sort of stuck with me.

I seem to remember that when the Volvo driver was arrested he claimed that he was an H&S inspector on the railway, which makes it all the more shocking.