Accident M5 this morning

Travelling s/b this morning at about 05.00, on the drop down to J18 at Avomouth there was a bad accident halfway up the drag.There was a Robert Wiseman rigid under the bridge, on the hard shoulder with a badly damaged tail lift,across lanes 1 and 2 there was a Boots artic with the cab very badly damaged.All the emergency services were in attendance.
I tipped Avonmouth and took a chance on there not being too much of a holdup on the way back.
Traffic was down to lane 4 only,and the services were concentrated aroud the cab of the Boot’s truck,must have been having trouble getting the driver out.
It did look very bad,I do hope the driver was not too badly injured,Thinking of him and his family.

I was southbound about 7.30. Emergency services had gone. Looked like the A pillar was against the seat. Again, hope the driver is O.K.

He’ll be out of the Patchway depot

thisisbristol.co.uk/news/Bri … ticle.html

Three lanes of the M5 near Bristol were closed early this morning after milk spilt onto the carriageway following a collision between a milk tanker and three other vehicles.
The incident happened at about 4.45am on the northbound carriageway between the M49 and Cribbs Causeway.
One of the drivers, a man believed to be about 40, was trapped in his lorry following the collision and four fire crews attended to help release him.
Great Western Ambulance Service said he suffered minor leg and abdomen injuries while another lorry driver involved in the incident sustained a minor head injury.
Both were taken to Frenchay Hospital for treatment but their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Initially three of the four lanes were closed for recovery work but by 9.30am the motorway was reopened.
As the rush hour began traffic tailed back to the Avonmouth junction and the Highways Agency said the incident had added around eight minutes to journeys through the area.
Paramedic officer Alex Jamieson said: "On arrival we found that two lorries had been involved in the incident. We assessed the patients and found that one driver, a male in his 40s, had suffered a head injury and the other, a male in his 30s who was still trapped in the cab of the lorry, had suffered leg, chest and abdominal injuries.
“The first patient was taken to Frenchay by one of the double-manned ambulances and with the assistance of our fire and rescue service colleagues the other driver was freed from his vehicle.”

I went past that around 5ish this morning heading n/bound,glad too hear the driver of the boots wagon got out ok because the cab pushed right back!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: not alot left of it

he is a lucky man indeed