M5 Southbound 24 to 25

Heads up M5 southbound will prob be closed for the morning due to an over turned artic covering 3 lanes hard shoulder and the cab on the bank all still attached. Hope the drivers ok. Looks like someone rubbed down the side of royal mail or it could be royal mail rubbed down someone.

Truck on its side looked like Evans from Exeter way but cant be sure…

Evans Palletforce trunker on its side across all 3 lanes.

M5_crash.jpg

M5_crash_2.jpg

Quote from Somerset County Gazette:

THE driver of the overturned lorry suffered a fractured leg and was drifting in and out of consciousness, South Western Ambulance Service said.
The man was taken to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton while the driver of the Royal Mail lorry, believed to be female, only suffered minor injuries but was shaken up. She was taken to Weston General Hospital.

Quote from Somerset County Gazette:

THE driver of the overturned lorry suffered a fractured leg and was drifting in and out of consciousness, South Western Ambulance Service said.
The man was taken to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton while the driver of the Royal Mail lorry, believed to be female, only suffered minor injuries but was shaken up. She was taken to Weston General Hospital.

Totally unrelated but why do blokes tail gate when there’s no profit in it? I do it sometimes (trucks) if there’s a profit to be had, but when there is none why?..

Could you explain what you mean by PROFIT when tailgateing. Eddie.

erfguy:
Could you explain what you mean by PROFIT when tailgateing. Eddie.

Think he’s on about fuel saving :unamused:
As for his comment I don’t understand why it was even posted the RM wagon was on the HS broken down at the time.

Glad to hear that all concerned are relatively ok

yep that’s blocked

10346376_10152531937874812_8553142164460596903_n.jpg

nick2008:
yep that’s blocked

Is this the first accident involving one of those longer/faster/stronger trailers? I’ll bet there’ll be some interest if it is.

cargocargocargo:

nick2008:
yep that’s blocked

Is this the first accident involving one of those longer/faster/stronger trailers? I’ll bet there’ll be some interest if it is.

think you’ll find its a norm length DD from Evens ( Exeter ) on one of the pallet networks … makes you realise how long a norm trailer is when you see it like this .

as for tailgating not the reason for this one but if u see multiple pile basically caused by trucks tailgating and a young child crushed to death because of it we might all ease of and give ourselves a chance of stopping if a problem arises gd luck to the injured parties

nick2008:

cargocargocargo:

nick2008:
yep that’s blocked

think you’ll find its a norm length DD from Evens ( Exeter ) on one of the pallet networks … makes you realise how long a norm trailer is when you see it like this .

It looks like a longer one as the rear axle on the trailer is set further back away from the mid axle.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

cargocargocargo:

nick2008:
yep that’s blocked

It looks like a longer one as the rear axle on the trailer is set further back away from the mid axle.

it could be BB it just looked normal length when I went past . I see your Co has an extra long DD passed it the other week and it didn’t really look that much bigger, like you say the rear wheels are further back but that could be just for better rear steer ability .

nick2008:
I see your Co has an extra long DD passed it the other week and it didn’t really look that much bigger,

We have a load of 14.6 m trailers at our place but we’ve not touched the 15.6 m ones well not yet anyway. But the 14.6 trailers hardly look any different it’s only that the rear axle is set back a bit further that gives it away at times .

New FH as well by the looks of it, poor thing.

Quick bit of research at work now and it appears it was a male not a female in Royal Mail truck, broken arm , not a leg and it appears that the Royal mail was at fault jack knifing first and at rest in lane one when poor old Volvo comes along slamming itno it on an unlit section, gets badly injured and loses a new truck and trailer. Just shows, it doesn’t always have to be you making a mistake. However the “Other” driver could of course be you so do yourself a favour and don’t fall asleep at the wheel, reach and get a bottle of water or mess about with a sat nav. Just a thought

Big Jase:
Quick bit of research at work now and it appears it was a male not a female in Royal Mail truck, broken arm , not a leg and it appears that the Royal mail was at fault jack knifing first and at rest in lane one when poor old Volvo comes along slamming itno it on an unlit section, gets badly injured and loses a new truck and trailer. Just shows, it doesn’t always have to be you making a mistake. However the “Other” driver could of course be you so do yourself a favour and don’t fall asleep at the wheel, reach and get a bottle of water or mess about with a sat nav. Just a thought

Mmmm interesting makes a bit more sense now if that’s the case.

bald bloke:

Big Jase:

Mmmm interesting makes a bit more sense now if that’s the case.

yet if you look at the pictures it appears the RM truck by virtue of the skid marks and the reports was on the HS unless that’s how RM ended up before the collision … and the Evans truck glanced off it…

to add that would make sense as when I passed it at 4am ish there was a 3rd artic approx. 100-200yrds further south from the accident on the HS this truck looked untouched so it could be pos he saw the RM truck do his thing . stopped and then Evans hit the RM truck … who knows cause I don’t I’m doing what everyone else is doing surmising … just good that all is alive still and hopefully will get home to loved ones.