A66 accident this morning

Anyone know what happened?

I drove past on the westbound at about 6:45am - at that point, there was an artic stopped in lane 1 with hazards on, and a small white van (on its wheels) in the central reservation. There was no debris across the westbound lane, and traffic seemed to be passing through on lane 2 eastbound with no problems. I called Radio 2 traffic to let them know a lane was out.

I heard soon afterwards on the radio that the whole road was closed, then reading news reports this evening it seems more vehicles were involved, and there was a fatality. I can only guess that more vehicles crashed into the stationary lorry after I had passed.

Anyone know anything more?

looks like you just missed it…

thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/l … _accident/

Closed 0645-1500? WTF. :unamused:

The driver of the white van was killed, along with his dog someone hit him and took the lefthand side out of the van out. That’s as much as i know at the moment the the driver was my mate lives across road from me, he was only 41 top bloke do anything for anyone type a guy sad loss, there is a photo on local paper journallive .co.uk of the van

SANDO:
The driver of the white van was killed, along with his dog someone hit him and took the lefthand side out of the van out. That’s as much as i know at the moment the the driver was my mate lives across road from me, he was only 41 top bloke do anything for anyone type a guy sad loss, there is a photo on local paper journallive .co.uk of the van

Very nasty accident.

Sympathies to Julians family

Link Here.

RIP Fella, very nasty :cry:

I am Julian’s fiance and he was the love of my life. I joined this forum to thank you for your kind thoughts and words. The world has lost one of the good guys. He was a very experienced and accomplished driver and motorcyclist. His strength, love and belief in me will give me the strength to carry on. I keep thinking of one of life’s mottos which those of you North of the border may be familiar with. What’s for you will no go by you.
:cry:
Thank you and god bless,
Barbara

As we all know…only the good die young

A bit more info in case ur interested

durham.police.uk/press/news_ … hp?id=1781

I know it has been a while, however Julian’s inquest is upcoming and we are still looking for any information regarding the accident, particularly the time leading up to it and the collisions themselves. What little we know so far is only about the time after the accident. If anyone can remember anything, we would be so grateful of your help. B

If anyone has any information, however trivial it might sound, we are really desparate. Thank you.B.