M8 today

Sad to say today’s M8 car park was the result of a fatality.

Truck v car. From what I hear a male died and female seriously injured so not sure who was who, although my guess would be it’s one of us.

Flowers are there already, road was shut for about 8 hours.

Poor chap :frowning:

Just been reading up on this after looking for news about a incident on the M1 last night between 30-31

It says a lorry driver died after crossing the central reservastion and struck a parapet under a foot bridge. A female motorist was then injured after her car hit a section of the displaced centrsl reservation at about 0600

R.I.P Driver & a speedy recovery to anyone else involved :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

news.stv.tv/scotland/west-centra … -accident/

It appears that it was a Walker,s Crisps wagon from Leicester. The other vehicle involved was a Nissan Micra.
The wagon driver was killed. (Condolences to his family). The woman driver of the Micra was seriously injured.
Bad news all round. :frowning: :frowning:

Yet another one of our fellow professionals who wont be coming home to his family today. RIP Driver and condolences to the family. I would have presumed he was from the Walkers Depot at Righead industrial estate in Bellshill instead of Leicester as they are saying though.

Lorryist:
Yet another one of our fellow professionals who wont be coming home to his family today. RIP Driver and condolences to the family. I would have presumed he was from the Walkers Depot at Righead industrial estate in Bellshill instead of Leicester as they are saying though.

He was Bellshill mate, a great fella who gave many years to Walkers. A friendly easy to talk to sort of guy. If you ever needed help you wouldn’t think twice of asking him and he wouldn’t think twice about helping. The depot is pretty much destroyed with the news. I dont really know what to think or say i just feel devastated. Ive seen lorries involved in crashes on the news before but when its someone you know, you look at the cab and your heart just sinks.

RIP Hugh aka Shug

Merc it’s a terrible loss to us all as Hugh was obviously a professional just out doing his job. It’s nice to hear of someone always willing to offer advice and help, from an industry were this sometimes lacks. No doubt yourself and many others have great memories of Hugh, that will always be there. As they say, gone but not forgotten.
Condolences again to everyone who knew him.
Rip Hugh

It said on the news yesterday evening the driver had taken a ill turn behind the wheel :cry: