A66 crash.

I saw this on twitter earlier no mention of the drivers health in the report so with luck it was nothing serious.
Did anyone hear see it?

The A66 is now clear after an overturned lorry led to long delays for motorists.

The road was closed in both directions after a lorry overturned between Warcop and Sandford.

Police have confirmed that this has now been cleared but that they have received reports that two broken down vehicles are causing further delays on the A66 eastbound between Sandford and Appleby.

Ye I heard Switchlogic got his licence back so makes sense.

adam277:
Ye I heard Switchlogic got his licence back so makes sense.

Looks like the 40mph section

What do you expect from a scania driver. They drive like they are the king of the road.
Well this 1 has definitely crowned the road.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

There may have been two that went over, a local FB group had a pic of a white rigid on its side

It came as no surprise it was a blinged up Scania with a Morgan McLernon’s trailer on. He’s gone caning round Warcop bends too fast and binned it. I shudder to think how fast he was going because I’ve done that bend at the 50MPH speed limit in a curtainsider without any grief although going the direction the tanker is it’s no more than 40 unless you’re suicidal.

I wonder if he caned it round the left hander before then and ended up on the wrong side of the road as something came round the bend the other way so had to make an emergency heave to port then hit the bend, turned right and the weight shift took it over.

Either way the only thing that surprises me about that is that it doesn’t happen more often given how the Irish and Scottish Scania brigade drive over that road.

You just cannot get the staff

Wheel Nut:
You just cannot get the staff

All 54000 ratchet straps appear to have vanished into thin air? :open_mouth:

lost 4 hours on Thursday due to the M6 J14 closure and another 4 hours yeaterday due to this on the A66

Drivers fine, was a load of hanging beef in the back, its the farmer i feel sorry for, if must have been no more than a fortnight he finished rebuilding that stone wall after the last one went over and now he,s back where he started !