A51 CLOSURE @ NANTWICH

Just thought I’d let you all know about this…

A51 @ Nantwich will be closed till New Year.

Westbound will be completely closed for the duration

Eastbound closed at weekends and subject to closure at short notice for short periods during the week

Diversion is via Middlewich, Winsford, and Tarporley

Be aware that all the surrounding lanes and Nantwich town centre have had temporary 7.5t weight limits imposed until the roadworks are finished.
Local Police have stated that they will be enforcing this weight limit.

Roadworks are to resurface and strengthen the existing carraigeway and to upgrade drains.

toowise:

Niiiiice :frowning:

Big Joe:

toowise:

Niiiiice :frowning:

yeah we’re based in Crewe and do 2 to 3 trailers a day into Bougheys at Wardle.
What normally is a 20 min run will now take best part of hour and half

At least we get paid by hour :grimacing:

I take wine vinegar from Spain into Bougheys at Wardle, and as i dont really know the area I have a question for those who do.

I normally go up the M6 and exit Jcn 16 then use the A51 (I think) towards Nantwich then around Nantwich on the bypass then A51 to Wardle.

Will I still be able to use this route in?

Hombre:
I take wine vinegar from Spain into Bougheys at Wardle, and as i dont really know the area I have a question for those who do.

I normally go up the M6 and exit Jcn 16 then use the A51 (I think) towards Nantwich then around Nantwich on the bypass then A51 to Wardle.

Unfortunately not, the alternative is off at J18, A54 via Winsford to the A49 then round Tarpoley and onto the A51 from the other direction. Tis possible to go cross country from Nantwich, but its still around the houses avoiding weight limits and roads you wouldn’t want to be on in a big wheeler, or you can cut across from Winsford to Carvely, roads not to bad as long as you know where your going:wink:

Hombre:

NO its the short stretch after the bypass from roundabout near Reaseheath Agricultural college up to the next traffic lights thats closed.

Your easiest route would probably be
M6 J19 (A556 West)
Stay on A556 till you meet A49
South on A49 til you get to Tarporley
At traffic lights by Red Fox pub carry straight on this will take you onto A51 instead of A49 .
Then just follow your nose till you get to Bougheys

OR you could come up the A49 from Whitchurch from the south and then turn right at Red Fox pub

Big Joe… most of the smaller roads have had 7.5t limits put on to stop us Big boys doing just that.

Unless someone knows better

Thanks for the info - looks like putting at least 45 minutes on the job then!!

toowise:
Your easiest route would probably be
M6 J19 (A556 West)
Stay on A556 till you meet A49
South on A49 til you get to Tarporley
At traffic lights by Red Fox pub carry straight on this will take you onto A51 instead of A49 .
Then just follow your nose till you get to Bougheys

Glad its not my truck your driving :wink: going via the 556 adds another 9 miles :grimacing: going over to near Calveley later in the car, I’ll check out the cross country route to winsford for any tempory weight limits, you never know you might want to get back to crewe slightly quicker one day :sunglasses: .

Going back aint a problem in the week the roads open 1 way, I just thought it would be an Easier route with a left hand drive vehicle (from Spain) than going all through middlewich and winsford town centres. 9mile aint that much and its avoiding a lot of the traffic bottlenecks.

Here ya go finally found a link to the map with restrictions…

http://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/pdf/A51%20Millstone%20Lane%20diversion%20route%20maps%20and%20temporary%20traffic%20restrictions.pdf

No weight limit signs on the normally unlimited back roads, but theres time yet suppose, theres going to be some fun on the diversion to chester through middlewich from nantwich, specially if drivers of vehicles over 11’6’’ don’t notice the low bridge sign :frowning: even more chaos when they try to turn around, eek :exclamation: