M6 J18-J19 Closure

Some absolute genius has signed off an authorisation to stick a completely pointless 4 way control set of temporary traffic lights in the middle of the signposted diversion between Middlewich and Broken Cross.

Came up this way two nights ago and this wasn’t there so it’s actually been put in during a week where this is the diversion for all the M6 traffic.

There’s not even any work going on. Its only 5 or 6 cones out.

Cost an extra 25 minutes tonight on top of the 10 already added by the diversion itself.

Anyone coming up this way tomorrow might want to find an alternative to the alternative.

Looks absolute chaos at 1am, all dark red on google maps.

When i came along the A50 my sat nav was showing that bit as having a major delay in the middle of nowhere - this explains why.

I ended up going A500 - A51 - A49 upto M56 then 2 miles back to M6. That was pretty clear. Took 30 mins longer than normal route from A500 / M6 J16 (also closed) but avoided all the chaos and suitable for any height trailer.

Avoid the 6 north of brum to the 56 like the plague road works all over the place, go the 41 or come at 16 an go 51 sorted

Went down this diversion this morning, around 04:00 looked like someone just thown them in to the bush :smiley:

andy12:
Avoid the 6 north of brum to the 56 like the plague road works all over the place, go the 41 or come at 16 an go 51 sorted

What? English man do you speak it?

I was stuck in it too, those lights must have let around half a dozen lorries through at a time and then been stuck on red for about 5 minutes.
The law did go by but I don’t think it was them that launched the lights and cones into the bushes but well done to whoever did.
I don’t suppose anyone knows it those morons are going to do the same tonight as I’ll avoid it like the plague?

Just came through on my way home and no-one working there today, no traffic lights so should be ok.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
Just came through on my way home and no-one working there today, no traffic lights so should be ok.

Just realised that I may have the wrong ones, I’m on about the ones as you come from Middlewich into Holmes Chapel

Ones I was on about were north of Middlewich on the stretch up to the Morrison’s RDC at the Lach Dennis crossroads.

Most nights I’ll have a look at what’s planned for the Stafford to Warrington section of the M6 and if 17-18 is closed or if any other two are closed I’ll go M54, A41, A49, M56 and just cut out the whole lot. It takes a bit longer but it’s a decent enough route and gets you away from the stress of all the middle lane muppets through the road works.

If it was just a straight case of J18-J19 being closed that usually is t the end of the world but these lights were an absolute pis.stake. Whoever authorised them should’ve been sacked, sued and shot.

Long delays last night according to gantries?
I came off at junction 15 and took A34 turning and then followed the A50 if that helps any of you lads?
What a load of p o o!