A50 Holmes Chapel WATCH OUT! New weight limit

They’ve got a 7.5 tonne weight restriction here now.
I was heading north and was going to carry straight on through Knutsford and then get on M6 at Lymm. I was following a truck that turned left at the lights to get on at J18 - I then saw the dreaded ‘7.5 tonne except for access’ sign.
The problem was that I had overshot the junction and had gone past the point of no return! I had to go through the village past the church and then up to the 2 little roundabouts.
The main problem was the copper sitting in the little precinct car park!
He pulled out to follow me but was in a line of traffic so I turned left and got on M6 at 18 - there was no sign of him after so I hope I might be lucky.
Having used this route for at least 25yrs it was a bit of a shock to see the signs

haha yes I saw it today too. Use this as a rat run normally to escape the horrors of the M6 on a friday…no longer it seems!

Wow! Thanks for the info. I have been using that route the past 3wks while the potato counters have been tearing up jct 16 roundabout at Stoke, mostly go through to the jct 18 turn off as its a ball ache getting off to go 17 through the twists and turns but noticed they dug up the road at the lights last week at the 18 turn off. Havent been up there the past 2 nights so thanks for the heads up dude!

I go up to liverpool twice a day from Stoke. M6 is a pain all day, every day. It’ll be worse now!!