A50 Westbound, lost wheels

Anyone get caught up in the chaos on the westbound A50 between Donington and Derby this morning.

There was an orange 7.5t tipper towing a trailer with a bobcat on, the truck lost both its nearside rear wheels when travelling in lane one and somehow managed to do a 180 spin without losing the trailer or the bobcat.

He came to a halt taking out lanes two and three, the HA were soon on scene before the plod turned up and a full closure was soon in force to allow recovery. :laughing:

VOSA were also on the scene, so I expect someone is in a spot of bother tonight. :unamused:

I got through that lot to collect my load in shardlow quarry only to have to queue eastbound as one lane of the on slip at J24 M1 south was also closed, cones all the way up to the A42 exit, looks like someone forgot to remove them as there was no sign of works all day long. :imp:

Should have stayed in bed today I reckon :frowning:

Yup i was caught heading east. Not right by the 7.5 tonner (nice parking btw) but trying to get on the roundabout above the M1.

I went up the A50 this morning about 4 am, just wondering if anyone else saw the tesco axor all smashed up athe front at the entrance to the quarry before you get on to the M1. The trailer must of been recovered it was just the unit there.

scania sam:
I went up the A50 this morning about 4 am, just wondering if anyone else saw the tesco axor all smashed up athe front at the entrance to the quarry before you get on to the M1. The trailer must of been recovered it was just the unit there.

If that was eastbound just by Lockington island then the damage was probably caused when he tried to go straight on at the roundabout, literally. :open_mouth:

Not seen it myself but talking to one of our drivers this morning and he said there was damage to the road signs and nice lorry sized tramlines on the island itself. :laughing:

I saw it happen, excuse the video while driving :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFX_VzsLTNs

Wheel Nut:
I saw it happen, excuse the video while driving :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFX_VzsLTNs

?