A50/M1 chaos

derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/l … ed-2245870

Any ideas as to what has occoured here lads?

Pete.

There was a serious accident…

I have just come down the A50 from the M1. There are green screens up for about 60 yards. Westbound is running fine. It was a van, a pedestrian and two artics, should be reopened when they have picked all the debris up. Thursday afternoon they say.

Wheel Nut:
I have just come down the A50 from the M1. There are green screens up for about 60 yards. Westbound is running fine. It was a van, a pedestrian and two artics, should be reopened when they have picked all the debris up. Thursday afternoon they say.

Cheers Wheelnut, seems like a bad one then. It must hectic around Derby today as Uttoxeter Road has also been closed because of another accident.

Pete.

windrush:

Wheel Nut:

Cheers Wheelnut, seems like a bad one then. It must hectic around Derby today as Uttoxeter Road has also been closed because of another accident.

Pete.

The A50 didn’t properly open until about 5pm, near the Royal Derby Hospital there was another major incident involving a pedestrian. The roundabout was closed and the police diverted all the traffic into the hospital and used the perimeter roads. It was chaos. I was there for a scan at 15.45