Perhaps a link for those of us not on ■■■■■■■■ :grimacing:

simon1958:
And right by that speed camera section too :open_mouth: :smiley:

What’s that got to do with anything■■?

the nodding donkey:
Perhaps a link for those of us not on [zb]? :grimacing:

shropshirestar.com/news/2016 … hropshire/

Why so much shock and surprise??
Just a case of the wheel nuts not being torqued up correctly/checked and losing the wheels…nothing to see here…

dri-diddly-iver:

simon1958:
And right by that speed camera section too :open_mouth: :smiley:

What’s that got to do with anything■■?

That’s a notorious stretch for rta’s Shottaton crossroad. A5. Not the best place to loose ya wheels, but annoy all the business classes coming out of the rural woodwork in their BM’s and Audi s running late.

I’m more intrigued how uncoupled it ha

Had many a trip down the M1 to our trucks with missing rear wheels, very rare that we ever found the wheels though as sometimes the driver had travelled many miles before realising they had gone. The driver’s usually noticed a vibration which then vanished (along with the wheels!) and carried on quite happily until other drivers flagged them down. Chain the axle up and come back on the one drive axle, though if we had a spare hub etc we fitted that on the hard shoulder. Sometimes the whole hub and halfshaft went, nearly had that myself when the hub nut came off and luckily I noticed the oil behind the inner wheel when locking the garage up one night as the torch beam shone on it! A close call indeed. :open_mouth:

Pete.

Ben Bennetts lost 2 new michelins on the A515 once but dare not go back for them ,we looked for weeks on and off but never saw them !

wakey_jack:
I’m more intrigued how uncoupled it ha

TBH… I don’t know. But folks in Ruy ton XI Town village must have been on laundry alert when a pair of Michelin continental truck wheels came flying their way :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Either stuck the diff lock in or dragged it would be my guess

I had this on the m1 j8 many years ago. Inside wheel collapsed not guilty[emoji12]

the nodding donkey:

Several years ago while working in the office the TM sent a guy out solo to pick up a loaded trailer, only problem was the unit was VOR with a puncture on the lift axil, no one realised the truck had left the yard until the driver rang in to report the flat when he hooked up the trailer

el_presidente:

the nodding donkey:

shropshirestar.com/news/2016 … hropshire/

Contraflow:

the nodding donkey:

Apply for an older person's bus pass - GOV.UK

Thank you please :grimacing:

Was it a DAF on alloys :question:
Not as unusual as it should be…