Accident A50 Leicester 16/2/11 05:30

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up. Just been traveling north on the A50 out of Leicester towards the M1 and there is an artic on its side on this roundabout (roughly where red car is)

link here

Cab looks a mess, and looks like it landed on barrier. Here is hoping driver is ok. Police, Fire and Ambo’s there. Not long happened I would say. Just a heads up for those heading into Leicester this morning. I think the whole road in will be shut for when they get her back on her wheels.

Once again, all the best to the driver. Hope they are ok.

Thanks

maybe next time he might go a bit slower, :unamused:

Expected to be closed until approx 7pm!

A lorry overturned causing rush-hour delays on a busy road in Leicestershire this morning.

The heavy goods vehicle crashed on the A50 at Field Head at about 5.15am.

No other vehicles were involved and the driver was taken to the Leicester Royal Infirmary to be checked over.

The lorry’s load of wood did not come loose but the police had to arrange for it to be moved so they could recover the vehicle meaning they had to close one of the lanes of traffic.

they are not having much luck recently

it was one of theirs that fell off the M6 bridge at junction 2 last year

dazaster:
maybe next time he might go a bit slower, :unamused:

also not paying attention to road conditions, as i was told this morning it was quite icy.

still looks like the driver may be able to learn from it this time. many others dont :unamused:

It looked like he’d had a load of double stacked timber on that was all over the road when i went past about 12ish.