A34 car park

going up the new car park tomorrow,can anyone advice how long the max parking was for today as there was a ten mile que for both ways,oh the joy of winter roadworks.

went up yesterday and got stuck for 2hrs came back today at lunch time and was stuck for max 10mins southbound northbound was still manic though

I go over Birdlip from Soton at the mo,find its about 10 km difference to get to Birmingham.I just hate that a34,too many junctions between M40 and M4.

jase:
I go over Birdlip from Soton at the mo,find its about 10 km difference to get to Birmingham.I just hate that a34,too many junctions between M40 and M4.

Same here mate,I hate the 34 with a passion at the best of times

are they digging it up AGAIN? :open_mouth:

this time last year it was being resurfaced between oxford and the M40. the contraflow changed on a daily basis and the traffic was murder

scanny77:
are they digging it up AGAIN? :open_mouth:

yep between A303 and whitchurch and around Milton/Didcot down to 1 lane for both sets :cry: :cry:

so they havent sorted out the section between the M3 and A303 yet? i seem to remember some pretty deep ruts along that section. i suppose for some obsure reason, the smoothest sections need the work first :unamused:

twice since posting i have been up it,best time of day is before 6.30am or after six at night,did use it once in daytime ended up in 2 mile que and losing a hr.

most know of probs now so are keeping away,also cars appear to be finding diff route?

mark