Didcot A34 Round-about

So for the past year now… maybe less they’re has been extensive roadworks on the roundabout just under the A34 in Didcot, by the Harvester and Mc Donalds (service area).

Any locals know what they are ■■■■■■■ doing, and how long it will take. Those lights seem to only allow time for about 3 vehicles to go through at a time and at rush hour its just not worth it.
:open_mouth:

Milton interchange it’s called.

All I know is it’s a pain when someone’s truck goes up in smoke and no can see in the northbound side and the truck is 300 yards from the slip road…

Oh wait :smiley: sorry guys.

Yes, thats the name of it. You local? :slight_smile:

No Dorset just go up and down the A34 twice a week so kinda know all the names for each pothole.

Dont get me started about the conditions of that road. It makes my head hurt. Why do i even bother keeping my eyes open while driving down the A34, others dont seem to!

Haha Iv found the south half (under the M4) is better both ways.

Don’t go down the slip unless that’s where you’re heading, otherwise just stay on the A34

Turning the junction into a “hamburger” roundabout. Meant to be done by April '16. The concrete piling has been finished and now the new tunnel mouth is being dug out. Earthline were doing the muck or at least they were on Friday when I was working in Didcot. To be fair where they’ve created these hamburgers at other parts of Oxford it’s improved things.

m.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14296463 … collapses/
May affect deliveries in the area tomorrow.

Muckaway:
Turning the junction into a “hamburger” roundabout. Meant to be done by April '16. The concrete piling has been finished and now the new tunnel mouth is being dug out. Earthline were doing the muck or at least they were on Friday when I was working in Didcot. To be fair where they’ve created these hamburgers at other parts of Oxford it’s improved things.

Er,what’s a hamburger roundabout? ,thank you.

bobbya:

Muckaway:

look left, Milton park, :grimacing: look right ? Golden Arches :laughing: I presume instead of going all the way around, you may be able to turn right through the middle and be the artic sandwich. :smiley: Oxfordshire has many people with three heads and one eye and a couple of toes on each hand :grimacing:

bobbya:

A roundabout which has a road straight through it, controlled by traffic lights.