Next week A34

To all you night trunkers or Owls ,

Next week north bound section between the Botley interchange and the Pear tree roundabout is shut ,9pm to 6am and then the southbound section the following week !!! :open_mouth: diversion around the Oxford ring road !!! major problems expected .

:open_mouth:

There wont be major problems, there never is when the 34 is shut up there overnight, the amount of traffic is negligible, adds maybe 5 mins total, ok maybe 15 max. BTW its also shut north to the end of the month at the a303 junction, thats the PITA one. It’s like wacky races when I come up there about 20.55 trying to get through before they close it else its a trip through Basingstoke and Newbury :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fuzrat:
There wont be major problems, there never is when the 34 is shut up there overnight, the amount of traffic is negligible, adds maybe 5 mins total, ok maybe 15 max. BTW its also shut north to the end of the month at the a303 junction, thats the PITA one. It’s like wacky races when I come up there about 20.55 trying to get through before they close it else its a trip through Basingstoke and Newbury :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just out of interest, as I use the A34 sometimes (but never been on it when closed north at A303) is the diversion M3 to J6 and A339 to Newbury?

Looks like there’s a shorter route going Andover way. Just wondered what the official signed diversion route is.

official one I think was eastbound 303, A30 then pick up the 339 back to tot hill. Slip to get on the M3 from the 303 was shut at the time, not sure if it still is. TBH if I know I aint gonna make it I dont even bother trying, its dont bother getting off at Winnal and straight up the M3 and off at Basingstoke for the 339.
You can go Andover way, through hurstborne but the road isnt special. Google is showing 4 mins faster by car, truck probably not a lot in it.

Where is it closed at North? Actually at the A303 or can you get as far as Tot Hill?

actually at A303 mate. 9pm on the dot they close it off. Came through at 20.55 last night squeeking it :laughing: :laughing: