A1 S/bound Sat am!

So, i come off A61 (Ripon turn) slip onto A1 South @ 9 30 this morning, into the “newish” roadworks, just getting it wound-up to 50mph … nearly to the old Little Thief @ Rainton … every-one is braking HARD :question: Just where the old left turn to Rainton village … the road is COVERED in “grey sludge” :question: Me thinks … how has some-one “lost” a load of concrete all over the road :confused: … BUT had the window down :laughing: … WTF … concrete doesn’t “SMELL” like that :unamused:

Get level with the old LIttle Chef … there is a scruffy Scania bulk tipper … on the tailgate … Cat 3 material - Unfit for Human Consumption … YES … you’ve guessed … OFFAL :exclamation: Now, at first, i thought he had lost it out from the back … NO … it was ALL (AND I MEAN ALL) over the FRONT of the trl / rear of the cab/ catwalk/ susies :confused:

Came back North about 2 hrs later … Fire engine was “trying” to hose the road … watched by umpteen Cops/ HATOs.
So how did he come to slosh it out of the FRONT of the trl … only had a normal sheet on the trl :question:

shouldnt happen as long as the sheet is tight, me thinks he may have forgotten to tighten the front sheet ratchet.
Even so it shouldnt come over the top unless hed completely forgot to sheet up and then put it on sharpish after it had slopped over :open_mouth:

hop he didn`t have his sunroof open :laughing:

cat 3 offal can be almost a liquid load…as can any category…all the trailers that carry this usually have a “splash plate” front and rear…an alloy sheet welded in place…covering the first and last 6 feet of the trailer…when you brake or accelerate the plate deflects the load…dont matter how tight the sheet is…no splash plate…and the load will try to get out.
best one i heard was an offal trailer stops at the traffic lights…a softtop car pulls up behind…one of the poprivets holding the markerboard on fell out and a jet of nasty junk sprayed into the car.