Oops....

Eastbound slip onto the A13 from the A406. Properly ■■■■■■ up both the A13 and A406.

Well its certainly not the Aintree Iron ! :laughing:

It’s always been a secret fear of mine, losing a trailer.
I go well ott on the tug test each time I pick a trailer up for that reason.
After saying that I once changed over with a lad, I witnessed him doing the tug test, and he set off down the road, he turned right and his trailer turned left. :open_mouth:

Agency gave him one too many scaffolding jobs and that’s his way of saying take this job and shove it.Bonus points for using the unit to drive back to the yard. :smiling_imp:

I have to admit i dropped two trailers before i started crawling under the trailer to visually see that the fifth wheel was properly locked. :blush: :blush: :blush: Luckily i was just setting off and trailers dropped onto the drive tyres so was able to lift them up with the legs. One was empty and easy but the other was loaded and bloody hard work, that’s the one that made me more conscientious. :wink:

Looks like they knew how to secure a load though, maybe checking the pin was tomorrows DCPC course. :laughing:

Am surprised it didn’t just stay on the back wheels with the weight on the back. I assume they charge per breakdown truck sent out so that could be a nice bill.

Since reading about trailer drops on here, I now virtually always go under the trailer and somehow managed not to bash head, but gives more confidence.

Moi paranoid… extremely. :smiley:

I almost dropped a trailer last week. First near miss on that front in twenty years. The good old having a chat around the time of doing it, mind on other things.

Had a shiver of doubt as I was moving forward and lowering the air suspension after I’d disconnected from the pin. Jumped out to double check and lo and behold I hadn’t dropped the legs. Max weight with beer bottles as well. [emoji15]

I always tap the hand brake to make sure it’s on before I exit the cab and mostly double check everything is in order before pulling away but admit I don’t always double check.

I hadn’t got in to the habit of dropping the legs first as I usually pop the airlines first then the legs but BLACK or whatever it’s called is my new mantra now and double checking every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

one of our units would seem as if it had hold of the trailer by tug test but three times I know of it had not, every time it was sent for a look see at the repairers, I do not know if they changed or adjusted any thing and luckily the trailers were not dropped onto their knees but it made me look every time when I changed trailers,

Is that a tilt and slide trailer

I doubt it was driver error.
If it was you usually lose the trailer well before you get onto a major road. (I may be wrong as I dunno where he was coming from)

That is by far one of the worst places to lose a trailer though lol. One of the busiest sections of road in the UK.