Thanks Drive!

Had a Scanny77 moment yesterday.

After tipping at Goole I was travelling back to Immingham via M18 when I saw a low loader in the second lane slowly catching me up. As usual I eased off slightly to let him get past, but as he drew level he was sounding his horn and gesticulating for me to pull over. After giving it a couple of seconds thought I did as he asked and he pulled over as well.

After getting out he told me that he,d been following me for a couple of miles when all of a sudden he saw showers of sparks coming from the back of the trailer. My nearside trailer leg had dropped down to the floor and was creating its own firework display. :smiley: :smiley:

Got it strapped up and was back on my way. Anyway I was very grateful to that driver for what he did. :smiley: :smiley:

Wednesday Night I was passed on the A1 southbound by a Tyneside express artic, just past the A66 entrance from Darlington, I noticed he was dragging a ratchet strap which had slipped through the rear of the curtain on the N\S and was bouncing off the road throwing sparks off the metal ratchet behind the trailer obviously out of view of his mirrors.

What was the best way to let him know? well I simply flashed him in and eased out into the outside lane flashing the lights again and put on my hazards then indicated back in again obviously the young lad was wondering what I was playing at and slowed down so again I flashed him and indicated onto the hard shoulder, he pulled off onto the Barton slip road and I followed him then stopping to tell him of the problem.

Normally I wouldn’t bother but the thought of the nylon strap snapping and the ratchet handle being thrown into a Windscreen of some car swayed my mind into letting him know.

Must admit the Lad was pretty grateful that he’d been told about it and had just come from Team Valley in Gateshead some 35 miles away and nobody had made any attempt to warn him.

Further down A1 at Borough Bridge I saw a truck veering across the white lines and onto the hard shoulder so kept an eye on it in my mirrow as it neered me, eventually I was passed by a German Registered Truck with a 14" Portable TV stuck on his dash watching Emmerdale Farm even though the picture was grainy :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Now I’ve seen drivers with these small 5" tvs on the dash but never a 14" and actually switched on, I passed him later down by the A638 at Doncaster and it was still switched on :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Davey Driver:
I was passed by a German Registered Truck with a 14" Portable TV stuck on his dash watching Emmerdale Farm even though the picture was grainy :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Madness.

Surely he could have found something better on another channel? :laughing:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Passed a DHL 18 tonner heading the oposite way to me yesterday (i was in a hired VW LT) He was sitting there on cruise on the A2 reading a bloody book!

You didn’t happen to notice if it was my book did you? :wink: :blush: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PMSL

Love it :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: @coffee

Krankee:

Davey Driver:
I was passed by a German Registered Truck with a 14" Portable TV stuck on his dash watching Emmerdale Farm even though the picture was grainy :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Madness.

Surely he could have found something better on another channel? :laughing:

:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

:laughing:

Coffeeholic:
You didn’t happen to notice if it was my book did you? :wink: :blush: :smiley:

Oh gawd,I think he’s pushing for the Booker Prize :smiley: