Woops

I know some drivers don’t like visiting the mill at Kemsley, but this is not the way to get out of it.

kentonline.co.uk/sittingbour … out-43440/

My Newbie Spider senses tingle with the concept of excessive speed. But I’m not a qualified TN-CSI yet…

I was actually quite surprised that a full/normal size mobile home overtook me today, as he was doing 1 mph more than me, and overhanging the inner and outer lanes. So was it worth the effort, considering we were 2 or 3 miles short of the sout bound M3 terminating into 3 major routes (near Eastleigh), and we may have been going different directions… However I shouldn’t criticise, maybe he/she was a Northerner! :laughing: - Bring it on!!! :smiley:

But seriously, if I was pulling a wide load, I wouldn’t pull out of lane 1 unless it was a huge speed differential…

“The HGV ‘Fell’ on its side”
Really, & was wondering if it was Driver Error/Excessive Speed. Must be a new medical condition HGV Fell Over Disease,
Latin name = ‘Lorryonitsarsealytis’

with the amount of trucks ‘falling over’,these days,it’s about time the manufacturers came up with a cab design where the front opens up as a door,like the old bubble cars :laughing:

Least he was thinking of others when he fell over, you can still get past him lol:

Another ‘professional’ driver who doesn’t think the load needs securing then drivers like he’s empty.

I can’t understand this mill letting them out like that. I’ve heard loads of drivers complaining about the loads out of there.

by the looks of it he is on his way in not out. I have carried a few loads of this cardboard and this mill didn’t bother if it was strapped or not but smurfit kappa would not tip you if you turned up with a load that wasn’t strapped.

Evil. The reason the North exists, is to look after the South.

Its colder up here, and we don’t have indoor toilets. But it doesn’t bother us. Cos we are hard as nails.

( Not those bejewelled Essex acrylic things, that your wives have on the end of their pinkies, and your men are inevitably going to start having, to go with their fake tan and teeth).

uncle fester:
I know some drivers don’t like visiting the mill at Kemsley, but this is not the way to get out of it.

kentonline.co.uk/sittingbour … out-43440/

FTW !

All loads out of that mill have to be strapped…Hell they even have blokes do it full time in there…Same with loads of baled waste in…Won’t tip it if it’s not strapped…

I know it’s driver error but if I try & go around a corner/roundabout to quick loaded, my truck automatically kills all power & applies the engine brake full on

TheNewBoy:
I know it’s driver error but if I try & go around a corner/roundabout to quick loaded, my truck automatically kills all power & applies the engine brake full on

What truck is that? I guess that is the automatic stability control that becomes a legal requirement from November this year on all trucks over 8t

shep532:

TheNewBoy:

What truck is that? I guess that is the automatic stability control that becomes a legal requirement from November this year on all trucks over 8t

It’s a 13 reg daf xf 105

If a vehicle is leaning when on a roundabout, surely using any brake at all will transfer weight to a front corner and increase the chance of it going over.

At a previous job we had new trailers where the inside trailer wheels would lock up if going round a roundabout to quick. Any braking by the tractor unit will make things worse.

Another woops
brighouseecho.co.uk/news/loc … -1-7477117

only paper cuts sorry.

shamu:
by the looks of it he is on his way in not out. I have carried a few loads of this cardboard and this mill didn’t bother if it was strapped or not but smurfit kappa would not tip you if you turned up with a load that wasn’t strapped.

I would agree it’s on it’s way in, looks like the roundabout where you turn right to the mills bottom gate or left to morrisons. We deliver that card into kemsley where they process it & collect reels of paper for delivery to Edinburgh. They’ve never checked mine to see if it’s strapped going in, then we drop the trailer around at the trailer park & they load & strap it for you during the week, self load & ■■■■■■■■ weekends. They seem to be concerned about two things there, the trailer floor is swept clean and the curtains must be free of any holes/tears prior to loading paper reels.

shep532:

TheNewBoy:

Thats news to me!

Goldilox:
Another woops
brighouseecho.co.uk/news/loc … -1-7477117

In the report it says: “There is a sign at the bottom of Pickwood Lane clearly stating that the road is not suitable for HGVs.”

Not much good to many of our BG/RO/SK/H/CZ/PL/BLR/RU/UA/SLO/BIH/ES/PT…etc friends is it?

And please don’t start about learning a bit of the lingo before coming here…how many of us would be able to read the same message in any of the languages mentioned above?
:confused: :confused: :confused: