Woops

Radar19:

shep532:

TheNewBoy:
I know it’s driver error but if I try & go around a corner/roundabout to quick loaded, my truck automatically kills all power & applies the engine brake full on

What truck is that? I guess that is the automatic stability control that becomes a legal requirement from November this year on all trucks over 8t

Thats news to me!

All newly registered vehicles over 8000kg from November 2015 must have AEB - Autnomous Emergency Braking, LDWS - Lane Departure Warning System, ASC - Automatic Stability Control.

As legal requirements any warning lights stay on for any of the systems and I guess it’d be off the road - just like ABS

TheNewBoy:
I know it’s driver error but if I try & go around a corner/roundabout to quick loaded, my truck automatically kills all power & applies the engine brake full on

:slight_smile:
You mean it makes your Trailer pushing you?
Exactly you shall not on an Artic.

Anywhy. Your Truck has a Safety System.
There are actually @ differend Safety Systems in use.
1.) On a Daf for exemple. If you tip the Break Pedal very Light,just to hear the Brake Light Relais,you feel braking with Trailer hooked up,but not if you are Solo.
That System brakes your Trailer earlier then te Unit,to keep your Train in a stretched Line and avoid Jack Knifing.
2.) the other System brakes Unit and Trailer at same Time but brakes the Trailer harder,to have same Effect as above.

Both Systems are off if you stay FULL on the Brake,what Electronic Brake Systems too :frowning:
and then,
If Slippery (Snow,Ice or just Wet-Dirt Toad) you dont wanna a Exhaust Brake nor Emergency Brake on the Straight,and by sure not in a Bend.
Stepping on the Brake in a Bend or Roundabout turned quiet a few Artics over.
Remember
Artics are not Rigid’s and need a different Driving Stile :exclamation: (Physic dictates that :bulb: )

del949:
If a vehicle is leaning when on a roundabout, surely using any brake at all will transfer weight to a front corner and increase the chance of it going over.

That wot it is doing and our Office People too often dont understand,when they decide wood safety equipment a truck has to be fitted.

Better Pay to get Drivers over HGV License Holder would be an increase of Safety,if my Word wants to be heard :stuck_out_tongue:

shep532:

Radar19:

shep532:

TheNewBoy:

What truck is that? I guess that is the automatic stability control that becomes a legal requirement from November this year on all trucks over 8t

Thats news to me!

All newly registered vehicles over 8000kg from November 2015 must have AEB - Autnomous Emergency Braking, LDWS - Lane Departure Warning System, ASC - Automatic Stability Control.

As legal requirements any warning lights stay on for any of the systems and I guess it’d be off the road - just like ABS

Could get interesting then as I used to work for a car dealer and we were having a few problems with lkas systems as they worked on a radar camera thing (cost about £2500 so could be expensive when someone rips it off!!) To find the lanes. If it got to difficult for the camera it would bring a warning up and the customer would have to come it to us for it cleaning and the system resetting! Hopefully they have thought it a bit more now and resetting won’t require diag tool! Yet more ■■■■ to go wrong… Plus I don’t think they work i in the rain!!

You wonder who lobbys for this sort of tech to be mandatory? Do you think the manufacturers do it? The operators certainly don’t, it’s just more ■■■■■ on your lorry that’s going to malfunction/break.

We have some kind of self braking system on our new trailers even when empty it tugs you back. Am not keen :confused: