A1 accident Police request

A Foden artic towing a red curtainside trailer belonging to a company from Stoke On Trent pulled out from a layby and was building up speed in lane one when a yellow and blue Ford Transit pick up in the livery of HSS HIRE collided with the rear of the trailer caused serious injuries to the Transit driver. He was airlifted to James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough however died of his injuries shortly after. The HGV driver shaken but un-injured.

It is known that two HGV flashed the curtainside out of the layby before passing it in lane two. We would like the drivers of these two HGVs to contact us as potential witnesses along with anyone else who may have seen the collision occur.

Please contact Graham WALLER of North Yorkshire Police on 0845 6060247 quoting incident number 1071200202.

Condolences to the family of the transit driver. :frowning:

Ken.

I was heading southbound and saw the aftermath. Looking at the ■■■■■■, it’s not a surprise he died. It was flattened back to halfway up the load bed. Must have hit the trailer at 70…

Condolences to the family of the transit driver.
its the one part we all should hate when exiting layby’s,more so when fully loaded,trucks nearlly always move over but the cars never read the signals of said trucks and dice with the risk you may pull out and not seen them?.

same thing happened some while a go on end of A14 catthorpe when truck pulled out and car was under the bar and end of trailer,up to and past drivers seat,only the boot was sticking out from under the trailer,assumed the driver died,but dont know.

My friend at the Bradford depot of HSS Hire was a mate of the driver that died.

My condsolances go to his family and my mate who i just left does send the same message but unfortunatly hes doesnt have internet access.

Its a shame we cannot forthsee accidents, or the roads would be a safer place to drive.

Be careful on the roads everyone.

regards

steve

Conor:
I was heading southbound and saw the aftermath. Looking at the ■■■■■■, it’s not a surprise he died. It was flattened back to halfway up the load bed. Must have hit the trailer at 70…

If two trucks had pulled into lane two to let him out they would be doing no more than 56 (ish) he must have come down the inside of them?