A14 accident Newmarket today

Passed this and the tailback earlier on. Hope every made it out in one piece, one of the messiest looking crashes I’ve seen.

Anyone any idea what happened?

I DIDNT SLOW DOWN AND TAKE THESE, THEYRE FROM TWITTER!

Unlike the idiot rubber necker in front of me who slowed from 70 to 50 in the outside lane so he could have a look :unamused:

UPDATE: Apparantly one of the trucks was broken down and got ploughed into by the other. Both drivers taken to Addenbrookes but neither has life threatening injuries :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 2 very lucky drivers there.

eadt.co.uk/news/delays_on_a1 … _1_4149716

No idea what happened but it’s probably an agency driver.

Hope all involved are OK.

bit tasteless ^

hope all get out and back home as that looks a right mess.

Robpee:

Not really the place to start cracking jokes considering there could have been fatalities.

ckm1981:

Robpee:

Not really the place to start cracking jokes considering there could have been fatalities.

Considering the state of the Maritime cab that’s detached itself, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s been a fatality or life changing injury in this. Looks like the Anglian truck was maybe a wagon & drag that lost control?

I’m led to believe that the cab coming off its mounts is actually safer. Prevents it getting crushed. Would have been a bumpy ride though.

I came across this 10 minutes or so after it had happened. Saw the Maritime cab on its back first which don’t 'alf send a shiver down your spine. Glad to hear its ‘just’ serious injuries - might sound like a strange thing to say, but at the time I thought I was looking at a fatality. Wishing both drivers a speedy recovery…

Robpee:

And the most cretinous post of the day goes to Robpeebrain !

According to Maritime’s news feed earlier today, they’re all ok and are being discharged from hospital later today (this was around 3pm I think I read it).

Robpee:

Wasn’t there a thread the other day stating that MARITIME drivers are NEVER agency?! :open_mouth:

What happens if there have been fatalities - and it was an agency driver? :frowning:
Are we not entitled to the same “RIP Driver” as everyone else on here? :imp:

It’s easy to say one thing and ■■■■ off a hundred people.
It’s very hard to say one hundred things - and ■■■■ off only one person.

As a new driver doing agency work work get screwed, most news feeds reports drivers injured but survived. ■■■■ lucky though

Im on agency my choice beeb on over 25 years vast experience before anyone slags agency drivers off

david2867:
Im on agency my choice beeb on over 25 years vast experience before anyone slags agency drivers off

I`ve worked on plenty of jobs where the “agency” drivers carried the incumbents, mostly DHL jobs to be fair :open_mouth:

Too right mate

waynedl:
According to Maritime’s news feed earlier today, they’re all ok and are being discharged from hospital later today (this was around 3pm I think I read it).

That’s good news glad they are alright. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Robpee:

Robpeesthebed according to his boyfriend :blush: :blush: :blush:

I passed this area at 03.30 on my way to Snetterton, tipped, had my break and was homeward bound when I joined the queue on the slip road from the A11 onto the A14, took me an hour and a half to get to the scene, bad job, hope every one got out OK, not a good start for a Monday morning.

I would guess the Maritime driver was on his way to felixestowe

alder:

Don’t think so, the vehicles were west bound.

bestbooties:

alder:

Don’t think so, the vehicles were west bound.

OK so he had been to felixestowe :unamused: