M62 Selby accident

Westbound between A19 and A1 approx 2pm

Did anybody see it?
Did anybody get out of the van?
I got caught up in it just after it happened just as hatos arrived.
It looks as tho an artic has gone into the back of a transit type van then into the back of a waste carrier (like the Fred sherwoods but white) then carried on another 50 or so meters with the cab hanging off!!
My stomach turned when I saw the bulkhead of the van flat against the back plate of the trailer nobody could survive that surely.
I did notice the door of the cab that went into the back of van open and drivers area looked intact.

Just read elsewhere the van and waste truck were stationary on hard shoulder. The guy in this pic is the van driver and they were working on something under the trailer!!!

Some pics from West Yorkshire Police twitter.com/WYP_RPU

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: That is not good,its one of them that makes you take a couple of deep breaths,grip the steering wheel tight and riggle in your seat :frowning:

And nobody injured according to West Yorkshire Police on Twitter…
I’m amazed that the truck driver got out of that cab with no injuries, but what on earth was he doing to rear end that van on the hard shoulder.

Awaiting report from Trucknet CSI :open_mouth:

Martin:
I’m amazed that the truck driver got out of that cab with no injuries, but what on earth was he doing to rear end that van on the hard shoulder.

It will be the driver taken ill,

That’s the usual score from those who believe all truckers are professional and all incidents like those above are due to illness or equipment failure.

In the airline industry i think it’s known as ‘pilot error’ :grimacing:

Ouch, amazed that anyone came out without major injuries! A van and wagon driver will be thanking the gods tonight!

Went by eastbound earlier and thought it was a bad one , didn’t really see as didn’t slow down to look , hope everyone is okay looked like bits of engine all over the road

wow 2 very lucky people there, just as well the container driver didnt have a passenger either :open_mouth:

I should have been videoing or taking pics as I passed…sorry. :wink:
I cannot believe there were no serious injuries there were bits of truck across all lanes and a little past where he finally stopped like I said I saw the van and felt sick.

speedyguy:

Martin:

That’s the usual score from those who believe all truckers are professional and all incidents like those above are due to illness or equipment failure.

Are you always so bitter and twisted? If I actually cared enough I’d search your past posts to see if any were anything but digs. Maybe a change of career and forums would help you adjust to normal life?
I once had a toothache and couldn’t stop sticking my tongue in the hole in my tooth. It drove me scatty, I went to the dentist and he fixed it. Make of that what you will grasshopper.

Martin:

Trucker was looking at his phone trying to send a text message/update Farcebook status. CSI investigation complete.

And what are the thoughts of thise that still insist on sitting inside your vehicle when on the hard shoulder instead of behind the barriers

m1cks:
And what are the thoughts of thise that still insist on sitting inside your vehicle when on the hard shoulder instead of behind the barriers

The cab of the truck that was run into appears to be fine with no ill effects, so I think I’ll stay sat in mine when broken down thank you.

m1cks:

yes me too moaster :grimacing: I’ll kip on my bed :sunglasses: Egyptian PT! :laughing:

the maoster:

speedyguy:

Are you always so bitter and twisted? If I actually cared enough I’d search your past posts to see if any were anything but digs. Maybe a change of career and forums would help you adjust to normal life?
I once had a toothache and couldn’t stop sticking my tongue in the hole in my tooth. It drove me scatty, I went to the dentist and he fixed it. Make of that what you will

What makes me bitter and twisted is truck drivers running into the back of a queue and killing a family of 6 when everyone else stopped, running into the back of a queue and trapping themselves whilst getting cut out for a couple of hours and ballsing up everyone else’s day who managed to stop with no problems.

Standing on a hard shoulder and watching them run the white line 5 foot apart past a breakdown with a newspaper on the steering wheel, do you want me to go on with more facts ■■?

Luckily today it looks like no one was hurt.
I’ve moved on and sit in an office now nice and safe but get to see and hear frequently the carnage and hold ups caused by trucks.

I’ve said it before as a c+e holder i struggle to defend the actions of some drivers.

As you were maoster :slight_smile:

Nobody is asking you to defend the actions of the hard of thinking Speedyguy, and God knows we see the evidence of their actions on a daily basis. This is a forum of course and any user is perfectly entitled to express their opinions, the problems arise when all the posts are “samey” (bloody Americanisms) in content. That’s what Albion was all about, and we all know how that went don’t we? :wink:

As you were.

This pic makes a sobering sight

That’s the back door ahead of the front of the van

And a step from the scania , lucky no1 was hurt

speedyguy:

Martin:

Do you need CPC for that high horse?