M62 Selby accident

iankav:
Do you need CPC for that high horse?

No a tall ladder :grimacing:

Just a consideration that we have
AAIB for air accidents,
RAIB for Rail accidents,
MAIB for marine accidents
STATS 19 data for road accidents involving death/injury.

The Selby accident above probably won’t be recordeed anywhere so maybe the RHA/FTA need to be looking at and recording the cause of these accidents and making the findings known amongst their members so they can be prevented in the future :question: As it is their members etc being held up in the delays.

Although they are not liked by many isn’t that why drivers hours regulations were brought about due to the mayhem being caused by trucks involved in accidents where the drivers were tired or being overworked by employers ?

Anyway i’ll wind my neck in now :slight_smile: And leave you with this from the TRAFFICENGLAND site.

Trafficengland:
M62 | West Yorkshire | Eastbound | Incident | Road Closed
The M62 in West Yorkshire is currently closed eastbound within the 32A junction due to an overturned lorry.

There is a signed diversion in place and traffic should follow the Solid Diamond diversion symbol. Exit at J32A and take the A1M north to J42. Turn at the roundabout and travel back south to J41 to re-join the M62 eastbound.

Last updated on: 03/12/2014 09:35

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a driver who was involve in that accident who will be getting a P45 for Xmas along with a summons for driving without due care & attention

the maoster:
Nobody is asking you to defend the actions of the hard of thinking Speedyguy, and God knows we see the evidence of their actions on a daily basis. This is a forum of course and any user is perfectly entitled to express their opinions, the problems arise when all the posts are “samey” (bloody Americanisms) in content. That’s what Albion was all about, and we all know how that went don’t we? :wink:

As you were.

What have I missed? :frowning:

Anyone see the red artic broken down on the m25 anticlockwise in the big dip after the A10 this morning ? It was on the 4 lane bit with no hard shoulder ,the driver got out via the drivers door then stood on the road putting his vest on and walked down the offside to the rear as if he was on the services ,why would you risk it ?

I still can’t to understand why service/tyre fitters are stopping behind the truck so close to the lane 1 instead as close as they can to the soft verges? Police cars are doing exactly the same just with funny blue flashing signs. Why? If the hgv will get too close to hard shoulder they are first to be hit. In This case he (lorry driver) probably went way too far into hard shoulder, luckily nobody died. My truck was smashed on m74 the same way few months back.