A1 accident

Coming down A1 today and saw an orange unit and trailer completely upside down in ditch in a near stamford :unamused: looks like the chap had ‘lost it’ on a corner, all i could see was 16 wheels and an underbody :exclamation:

IS IT THIS ONE ■■?

There was a Viamaster trailer pulled by Knights of Old off the road near Grantham today but not sure thats the one.

It was a double decker ran off the road and miracoulously still stood up !!!.

Going North this morning matrix signs were having a fit. A1 Closed Northbound. Got to Dishforth, then all gantry signs said no no no so everything went Via A19 North. Fortunatly I was early bird and missed the main delays, even used the Tyne Tunnel a novalty for me! LOL
On return trip I see a burnt to a crisp trailer and load just North of Quernhow truckstop. No sign of the unit so maybe it was saved?
Saw a bit of Christian Salverson/Argos blue paint on the trailer but no idea if it was from said firms.

A1 north bound was closed at about 6.30am ish just north of metro-centre, Gateshead due to fatal accident involving overturned car. Traffic was being diverted to A19.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Alwaysinthewrong :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

ROG:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Alwaysinthewrong :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

Rog, where did you get your banner from? I want one!! :sunglasses:

jammymutt:
There was a Viamaster trailer pulled by Knights of Old off the road near Grantham today but not sure thats the one.

It was a double decker ran off the road and miracoulously still stood up !!!.

that was laid on its side chap but recovery and the farmer by the look of it stood it back up!

ROG:
IS IT THIS ONE ■■?

I don’t know, as that’s not a very good picture or report is it :unamused: all i know is that the artic was completely upside down in a ditch with it’s wheels sticking in the air :exclamation: didn’t seem to be anyone else involved, but there was a recovery truck there already but no police so imagine it happened a few hrs before and emergency services had already left.

I would have liked to have waited around for the ‘towing vehicle’ to move it, as it had no wheels on the ground :exclamation:

The Highway Man:

Why, oh why, was I ever daft enough to teach him HTML. :blush: :blush: :blush:

*HTML>*center>marquee bgcolor=white height=25 width=500 BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE> :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Alwaysinthewrong :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: /marquee>/center>/HTML>

Replace the *'s with < and insert your own text.
:wink:

Krankee:

The Highway Man:

Why, oh why, was I ever daft enough to teach him HTML. :blush: :blush: :blush:

*HTML>*center>marquee bgcolor=white height=25 width=500 BEHAVIOR=ALTERNATE> :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Alwaysinthewrong :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: /marquee>/center>/HTML>

Replace the *'s with < and insert your own text.
:wink:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

Spot on!! :wink:

when i went down the a1 thursday it was their and that was bout half 4 .

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/linc … 567537.stm

Sad…

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds … 567666.stm

My mate drove past and said it was a truck in the back of a concrete pumping truck.Another sad loss.

BBC:
A man has died after the lorry he was driving left the A1 in Lincolnshire and collided with a row of trees.

Emergency services were called to the A1 at Great Ponton at about 1740 BST on Sunday where they found the Polish driver in the lorry.

Wiatr Andrzej, 49, was pronounced dead at the scene and a post-mortem examination revealed he died of natural causes, police said.

Leaving the road and coliding with a row of trees might be a natural act with polish drivers, but it’s not over here, OK :exclamation: