Another HGV driver Dies doing his job

Reported today on BBC that a HGV driver from Hddersfield has been killed on the M6 today.

Thats two this week, I hope they both rest in peace

Lotteea:
Reported today on BBC that a HGV driver from Hddersfield has been killed on the M6 today.

Thats two this week, I hope they both rest in peace

Arrest after man dies in Carnforth M6 truck collisionA man has been arrested after a fatal crash between a van and a pick-up truck on the M6 motorway in Lancashire.

Police believe the truck rolled after being hit by the Transit van near junction 35 close to Carnforth.

The dead man, 53, thought to be from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, was travelling north in the truck at about 06:00 BST when the crash took place.

A 46-year-old from Warwickshire has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

He is also being held on suspicion of failing to stop at the scene of an accident.

A woman, who was also travelling in the pick-up, was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Officers are appealing for witnesses to come forward.

The motorway, which was closed between junction 34 and 36 northbound due to the collision, has now partly reopened.

Lancashire Police have appealed for drivers to avoid the heavily congested area.

Sorry to be pedantic but the report doesn’t say that he was an HGV driver, and the “truck” was a pick-up, not an LGV.

Hmmm. Looking at the Lancs police website it says it was a car-transporter so you may be right. But how would a transit hitting the back of an LGV cause it to roll?

An early news report said it was a small Transit type transporter, a one car job.

Either way RIP drive.

I passed this when I was heading south this morning, looked a mess but don’t remember a truck involved, maybe a transit as someone else mentioned, I think there was a car on it’s side, but I might be confusing it with the one on the M61 that I passed an hour and a bit later.

Both ended up with the motorway closed, both looked a mess, and both ■■■■■■■ a LOT of services.

RIP to anyone that passed in either of those incidents.

It was a transit skateboard type thing with a blue jeep on the back.

Safe to say the transit driver exited via the windscreen.

Was not a nice one to see and boy what a jam…

stagedriver:
It was a transit skateboard type thing with a blue jeep on the back.

Safe to say the transit driver exited via the windscreen.

Was not a nice one to see and boy what a jam…

I was passing southbound, so no queue, I’d stopped at J38 truckstop for fuel and a 30 min nap on way back down otherwise I wouldn’t have seen it.

But it was a day of it today, something happened southbound too, I remember seeing the inside lane was closing, a copper came down the outside, he moved to the inside just before the red X, so I moved to the middle, then he moved to the middle and stopped so I had to go outside, no way I could’ve stopped. He was obviously closing the road for another accident, but tbh, I was so ■■■■■■, I never took that much in, just remember passing and thinking ‘another accident’. Again, I think this was the M6(s), but I might have been on the M61 by then.

It’s that regular an occurance now, I really just let mates know there’ll be a delay if they’re heading that way then forget about it.

Mike_:
Sorry to be pedantic but the report doesn’t say that he was an HGV driver, and the “truck” was a pick-up, not an LGV.

Hmmm. Looking at the Lancs police website it says it was a car-transporter so you may be right. But how would a transit hitting the back of an LGV cause it to roll?

He was a HGV Driver

Rip