A couple more numpty questions

I was told by the agency that some firms expect you to pay overnight parking charges from you £20 night out cash. Some expect you to pay and claim it back (i.e. the entire £20 is yours). So what is normal? I assumed that the cash was for food, showers, inconvenience etc, not to pay for parking!

Second question following on. He also said that many drivers will use any old layby if the are empty to keep the entire dosh. They would then leave the curtains or rear doors open all night to show the truck is empty to prevent hijacks which quote “happen all the time” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: How true is this?

Cheers

Night Out money is to cover expenses incurred by you while carrying out work for your employer. Parking costs are not an expense incurred by you but is an expense incurred by the company, why should you pay to park the bosses’ truck, it’s a 100% tax deductible expenses for the company. In my opinion any driver who pays parking out of their night out money needs their head examining.

Hijacks and thefts from trucks do happen but to say it is happening ‘all the time’ is a little over the top.

It’s that important you had to say it twice, right Neil! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OOOPSSS Slip of the finger Dan. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hi COffee and thanks for that.

It does sound crap doesnt it. You are quite correct, it is a business expense and as it is tax ddeductible, there is no reason they shouldn’t pay it! Rest assured I won’t be taking any of that work - and I will tell em why :slight_smile:

Cheers

some drivers also leave their rear doors open even if loaded to show that the freight they are carrying is of no use to the potential crook. :wink:

Subsistance money is to pay for 2 or 3 meals, bedding and laundry services according to the tax man, they allow an amount to cover the costs incurred.

It is certainly not to park trucks up. The services have tried to get drivers to pay parking fees by giving them free meals and vouchers if they buy a ticket. If everyone refused to buy a ticket and eat in the services they would soon change their minds :cry:

One of our lads got a parking fine passed to him by the offiice. he tore it up :confused:

He had parked up at Sutton Scotney at 10.30pm and this spineless bloke had stuck a sticker on his window. The services close at 10pm so what was he supposed to be paying for

I get £22.50 night out and have to park at a "secure location"which is obviously at the services or truck stop which is 10-15 quid which I pay and claim back,the £22.50 is my money for the inconvenience of being away from base,and my company pay parking but they sometimes deduct the e.g. £2.50 off the £12.50 parking if I take a meal voucher.as they give me a tenner a week meal allowance :wink: