Newbie alert-the questions have started

sorry for the simplest of questions but if you dont ask you dont know;
ive just been reading the “dearest place you ve stopped the night thread” and was wondering if you can claim this money back through your employer or is this what your night out money is for?

clarkyboy:
sorry for the simplest of questions but if you dont ask you dont know;
ive just been reading the “dearest place you ve stopped the night thread” and was wondering if you can claim this money back through your employer or is this what your night out money is for?

I think this depends on the contract you have with your employer but in most cases I think it would be what your night out money is for

sorry rog but i believe you to be wrong.

your night out money is for the inconvenience of being away from home and having to sleep in a tin box.

most companies will pay your parking back to you if you keep the receipt. just make sure they will before you pay it. if they dont pay it park in a layby and have a greater chance of being curtain slashed/diesel syphoned or load nicked. notice i said greater chance as it can still happen in some service area’s!

Giblsa:
sorry rog but i believe you to be wrong.

Oh GOOD :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: - seriously

I’ll go with Giblsa on that one.

Night out money is to cover bedding etc and the inconvenience of having to sleep in a tinbox.

Parking is a company expense, not a driver one, and therefore a receipt should ALWAYS be got and handed into your TM/Agency.
However some companies do specify that they don’t/won’t pay for parking and then, if you want to park in a non-free area, its out of your own pocket. But it should always be clarified before you take on a job.

Alex

My firm stump up the £25 night out money before you go (if you’re quick enough with the petty cash voucher! :laughing: )…they also pay parking on top of that (on production of the receipt) .

Most firms do this…night out payments are for being away from home and kipping in the truck…paying to park the bloody thing is separate.