Parking costs

How many of you don’t get overnight parking money refunded?

And do companies reimburse agency drivers?

I will not work for companies who overnight me (not that I do nights out - I detest them) unless parking is paid on top of your “night out allowance”, best described as a inconvienience payment for sleeping in the truck. To my mind, your at work whilst your sleeping (looking after the load), the time’s not your own, so you should be paid by the hour. Can but dream. Ho hum.

hiya theghostofcain when i have done nights out on agency in the past i was paid night out money 24 quid tax free + associated parking charges with the meal allowance (gets dinner a bit cheaper :laughing: )

i used to do nights out 4 a week for longs of leeds but they didnt pay parking so the drivers park in laybys they are always having diesal nicked i had double tanks and they got £300 out of them 1 night and longs dont even have locking caps!!! alot of firms work together now so they park in each others yard but if you dont get parking you have to park really carefully out of the way and plan parking so you can park where it is free and safe if you can on customers premises… but why do nights out i dont id rather be at home having a nice bath eating good food looking after my daughter by the time you have paid for dinner breakfast and lunch even if you eat cheaply you aint left with much out of your night out money.

Ask your agency if they dont refund you for parking dont do a night out.

You should get your parking refunded and night out expences, around 18 to 21 pounds.

My agency told me that some companies pay for parking others don’t. Stuff that! The comanies can claim it back against tax anyway! So there is no excuse for them not to pay a LEGITIMATE BUSINESS EXPENSE. After all they pay the road tax and the fuel… or should that come out of our pockets too! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The company insists I park me wagon at a “secure location”(no laybys etc)so they pay me £22.50 tax free night out money and pay my parking.
They take £2-£2.50 out though if I get parking with a meal voucher,but cant really complain. :sunglasses:
I certainly would nt be parking THEIR lorry up of an evening at my own expense,or out of my night out money. :angry: :angry: Id rather eat ■■■ ■■■

JayHoe:
My agency told me that some companies pay for parking others don’t. Stuff that!

Put down the night out and parking fees as expenses on your agency timesheet. When you hand in the timesheet include the receipt for the parking. It is the AGENCY who should re-imburse you for it and then claim back off their client. If they don’t give you the money WALK OUT and tell them why you’re leaving them. Plenty of agencies about, all looking for drivers. Some good, LOTS BAD.

If they don’t pay parking then anyone who works for them wants their heads testing.
Tell the agency jayhoe that you only do what you are paid to do, so not parking no night out.
I wont take an unpaid 45, if they don’t pay it I take 90.

Hi guys,

no I don’t, haven’t and wouldn’t do a night out and pay for the parking myself. It is up to them what they agree with the client - but I won’t pay for the clients expenses - so I wouldnt work for those clients.

As for the unpaid 45 - I don’t get paid for it! I assumed that that was standard - after all, in most office jobs you get paid for 35 hrs (or whatever) NOT including lunch break.

I worked with one guy from another agency (he was my mate) and he was on a guaranteed 8 hrs pay _ I’m not, just on hours WORKED. It turned out that we worked more than that (he didnt get paid for his 45 either) so it made no odds.

This agencty may well not be the best, but I am not too worried right now. I am taking CI training in a fortnight, and when I have that, I shall then look for the best agency for C1 work until I can o permie somewhere. This place is just a stop gap (since begining of December). At least I am getting some experience.

So do others get paid for their 45s etc?

I cant believe that people dont get paid for parking a truck. If you park it on a truck park and you dont pay, they will send the company a bill anyway, no problem.

As for the difference between an office wallah and a truck driver, is that it is a legal requirement to have at least a 45 minute break.there are no tachographs on a merchant bankers desk.

If you dont get paid, walk out and into somewhere that do pay you

Wheel Nut:
As for the difference between an office wallah and a truck driver, is that it is a legal requirement to have at least a 45 minute break.there are no tachographs on a merchant bankers desk.

If you dont get paid, walk out and into somewhere that do pay you

I always argued the 45 mins payment but it often didn’t get me far… Some I won most i lost, but as it can be seen as a “lunch break” I’m prepared to concede as I wouldn’t get my lunch paid anyhow, even as a banker…

On staff I’m paid a fixed sum for 50 hours, or 10 hours/day. Not until I exceed 11 hours/day can I claim O/T, due to the 45 mins ?

Must remember to take my afternoon nap…

I don’t get paid for my 45, so an extra 45 mins is added to my shift every day, so long as it doesn’t exceed the hours. Actually if it does, they send a car to get me. If I ain’t paid for it, I don’t work it. I don’t care how long I’m sat at an RDC for, couldbe hours, yet I still have 45 somewhere. Problem solved :wink:.

When I worked agency they d the parking money if I put it down as expenses and then claimed it back from the customer.
As for forty fives the agy instructed me not to mark them on my time sheet unless the customer insisted :laughing:
Only ever had one customer that did insist, I politly pointed out I’d done the run quicker than his own drivers and that I could easily toss it off next time and so get more pay at time half. Either that or I dont come here again. As it was he wanted me permanent anyway the job being rope and sheet and there wern’t many who would do it. So I got paid for my 45. Never went to work for him though not on £5 somat an hour :smiling_imp: