Night out money/expenses

Had a conversation with a few mates yesterday regarding night out money etc.

My company pays just short of £30 plus all parking expenses (truckstop/services etc)

One guy said his company pays £20 plus expenses, but he has to give them any meal vouchers he receives.

Another is encouraged to park only in a layby.

Out of interest, just wondered what arrangements are in place for you guys?

£25 + parking but usually park somewhere free anyway

£23 + Parking Paid.

Why would a driver have to give the boss the meal vouchers.?
Some firms pay a daily meal allowance and only pay back the driver for parking only.
But the Msa parking means by paying £2 more,you get a voucher for £7 or some are £10.To spend on a meal.
It could be a tax implication when drivers get paid a meal allowance.Any firm that does not allow a driver to have a meal with the parking is a tight one.
With diesel theft parking in lay bys is asking for trouble and no loo or washing facilities.
You can get hepatitus from going to the loo in dirty lay bys.

I get £20 a night and parking paid. … ive been there 2 years and only paid parking 4 times and 2 off those were in dover.

I never stop in a lay by as I dont think there is any need, plenty of better places if you take your blinkers off.

£26.20 night out and if we park in services or truckstops it comes out of our pocket

£25 night out money.
owner insists on msa/truckstop parking only.
one or two of the lads were moaning about shelling out…so now were in snap.it now costs me £2.50 for my evening meal at Lincoln farm instead of nothing :imp: :unamused: well done lads...youve just spunked 500 quid a year up the wall :smiling_imp:

well if my boss didn’t pay for parking id park in the worst places I could find he,d soon change is mind when the fuel and load kept going missing tight ■■■■■■■■■ then they expect you to be professional but treat you like a animal .

My boss pays £20 per night and will pay for parking if there is a load on. But we tend to be subbed out to places where we can usually get back to their base for the night and park in a quiet corner.

I use Snap.Some odd places on their list.
One is a chicken farm by an old Second World War Usaf/Raf air base at a transport depot.
The police train drivers on the other half.
You park on the runway with a cctv on you all night.No meal facilties.Or a 5 mile walk in the lanes to the nearest pub.
Erith is only a few wagon spaces.Book in to reserve.
I saw the house of the owner of Lincoln Farm.He has done well.Crucifix on his roof.
The house looks like a pop star may live there.

£25 per night and parking costs paid

Lay bys are for badgers,foxes,owls and pheasants not for drivers to rest after a 15 hour shift.
Have you noticed how narrow they are.Done on purpose to stop you stopping there.
The big one coming out of Dover,you get the foreign lads with the back end of the trailer sticking out in the road.

4aaaa4dd:
well if my boss didn’t pay for parking id park in the worst places I could find he,d soon change is mind when the fuel and load kept going missing tight [zb]…and then they expect you to be professional but treat you like a animal .

Couldn’t agree more, I would have thought that would be the obvious thing to do, play the ■■■■■■■■ at their own game.

If ran out of hours some firms may allow you to stay the night on their premises.
The security guard may give you a take away menu or call them for a food drop.They may let you use the showers.
And tuck you out of the way so not hinder the night shunter.If ask nicely,they can only say no.

bigbobb:
£26.20 night out and if we park in services or truckstops it comes out of our pocket

If my boss said that, I would reply with…

Yes and if I get done over by staying in a layby ( for example ) I would would take him to the cleaners in court.

Never understood firms who expect drivers to park on the road side with no facilities, or pay for parking out of tgeir night out money (which as I see it is compensation for sleeping in a tin can).

Treat drivers with respect and pay fairly and when you get a SHTF moment you have a loyal set of staff who are willing to go the extra mile to help- works out better all round in the long run.

We get £28 and any parking paid he prefers us to park in truckstops when we can!

commonrail:
£25 night out money.
owner insists on msa/truckstop parking only.
one or two of the lads were moaning about shelling out…so now were in snap.it now costs me £2.50 for my evening meal at Lincoln farm instead of nothing :imp: :unamused: well done lads...youve just spunked 500 quid a year up the wall :smiling_imp:

Ours is the same mate, we used to pay for parking and then get it back at the end of the shift, people (who don’t even do nights out) started moaning when it changed to the end of the following week paid with your wages. Now were on SNAP and expected to use it wherever possible, so now we have to shell out for food and at Swindon truck stop I had to buy a shower token too. So rather than a couple of quid towards a meal it cost nearly a tenner because I needed a shower and some food, although I went to Sainsburys for the food.

We get £20 night out and parking paid upto £20, however one of the lads said they pay the full amount now.

About time they fixed up the broken shower at Swindon.If you go over the foot bridge by the roubdabout there is a decent pub that does meals.The hotel opposite is too expensive.
If there a while there are buses to the centre.Taxi back would not be that much.

£25 per night. Parking paid if we provide a receipt.