Does your company pay for your parking?

Pretty much as it says really.

Can’t believe the growing number of employers who don’t seem to pay parking for nights out.

I accept that some drivers are happy not to park in services or truck stops, but if you aren’t one of those, or have no other option sometimes, why should the driver be expected to pay?

Doesn’t bother me I can’t stand the places.
Had to endure a night at Thurrock on Friday as our crane job into lower lea crossing got cancelled last minute and was told at 5pm to park there and they’d pay I’d rather have done my own thing but was with other drivers.
If we have to for one reason or another then they’ll pay but generally it’s a no.

Yes :sunglasses:

A couple of previous employers have paid but most of the ones I’ve worked for won’t pay. However the last thing they say is “park safely” - what a joke in this day and age!

If they won’t pay that’s up to them let the fine company send them a fine or two.
Instruct them in writing to tell you exactly where to park.
Sounds like a downhill spiral to me.

ours only pay if they instruct you too park in the services if not then you wont get the cash back so you can guess where i park up then lol

Current employer pays parking + £25 night out, changing jobs in a couple of weeks and they have snap account for parking + £25.06 per night out. We used to be able to use truck washes on the keyfuels card as well, but that’s been stopped now. Trucks starting to get a bit dirty now…

Muckspreader:
If they won’t pay that’s up to them let the fine company send them a fine or two.
Instruct them in writing to tell you exactly where to park.
Sounds like a downhill spiral to me.

Doesn’t quite work like that in my experience. Driver pays the fine.

My company would pay for parking but as it’s my own company, I’d end up paying it anyway. If I parked in an MSA four nights a week, that would come to around £400 a month and that would be a big slice of the company profit.

But in any event, like OllieNotts I can’t stand the places anyway, and if I was an employed driver, and did get parking paid for, I still wouldn’t use them.

Ours pays every time…no questions asked.

£23.06 N/O Money, £2 Day Meal allowance, Parking payed for if required.
:smiley: :smiley:

I’m staring for a firm in a couple of weeks £19 a night out £2 meal allowance and will pay for parking, to the drivers who don’t like parking in a services/truckstop don’t you miss getting a wash especially on a hot day like today

I get parking payed but would rather park elsewhere away from main roads when empty, dont have a choice when loaded

Tango boy, who do you drive for? £25.06 sounds a bit of a coincidence, unless it’s a hmrc approved amount?

Plenty of places to shower before parking up, a lot of our sites are network rail related and most have showers, they don’t mind drivers using them(shock horror) and they’re always a ■■■■ site better then msa or truck stops I’ve used in the past bar a select few.
I’ve never had my diesel nicked, I don’t get woke by people revving cold engines at 3am or drunks at 11 when the bar closes and I don’t have to worry someone will bash the motor trying to park up while I kip. It’s very very rare I have to use a lay by and 99% of the time I know a decent place to park up where I don’t feel threatened and can walk to get tea or a pint if the mood takes me. I think the services are one of the most unsafe places to over night in a truck, and I can’t sit by my cab in my camping chair with a beer there cause it absolutely stinks of pish!!! :smiley:
If we need to park they pay, but like Harry I’ll use my head you can shove your services up your arse.

My company now insist on parking in msa after my tank was emptied one night on the a14 .

yeahboy:
My company now insist on parking in msa after my tank was emptied one night on the a14 .

Why would you park there? Been known for years it’s a theft hot spot?

Any particular part, or the whole stretch?

The whole of it :smiley:
Used to have police trailers in sporadically telling trucks not to park as it’s a crime hot spot but it seems they’ve gone.

Maybe the trailers have been nicked!